Furniture Stains

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
One of my techs forgot to put stuff under legs of furniture and from what they are describing to me, its probably a furniture stain. Carpet is white wool. Any suggestions ? Pics to follow

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did one back in the early 80's, at a doctors home on white carpet.

Cherry wood chairs, they moved them out to clean beneath and when they went to move them back there were 4-stains from the legs. In shock they moved them so they could work on the stains and made another set. EIGHT red spots on white carpet. :eekk:

We worked on them a couple of times and dimmed it down quite a bit but ended up replacing the carpet for the doctor. Expensive lesson.
The doctor is still a client but I'm not sure if we're at break even yet. :errf:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

You need some Stain Solv on your trucks !

It would have removed the entire stain while fresh.

An older "red furniture stain" might have required a 2nd step with DC Dye Stain Remover.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larry where were was Stain Solv in the 80's when I needed it? :winky:

Now we train our guys to look for it and use sticky tabs. The only real time we see it is water losses that are found after furniture has been sitting long enough to pull stain. Unfortunately most of those are replaced. Homeowners want new carpet and adjuster usually gives it to them.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
It was still damp when he got back there so when Trashed didnt work he did some POG and it came right up. I told him to be more careful.

If there's a next time and POG doesn't shift it go to a tannin spotter then a rust spotter ( hydrofluoric or phosphoric)
roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom