Galaxy 2700

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Did a job Saturday night and noticed a drip coming from the pressure regulator .. I decided to take it apart at the shop today and the rubber cup style gasket on the bullet plunger thingy was corroded .. as soon as I tried to pull it off the bullet, it broke .. I called Galaxy for a replacement rubber cup .. they dont sell just the rubber .. you have to buy a new regulator at $100.83 .. that sucks .. the other parts are solid as a rock .. I just need a rubber .. kinda like buying a car - the exhaust goes and they say, sorry, you have to buy a new car .. alright just a little too dramatic .. anyone know where I can get the rubber washer/seal/cup? - if not, how about the replacement regulator for less .. I think I bought my TM regulator for $70 at Windtrax.com .. I do prefer to keep the original design .. thanks!!View attachment 3287

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Im guessing about 1000 hrs . maybe 1500 over a 6-7 yr period .. I only used it 2-4 days a month depending on the month

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Holy shit .. youre the man Fred .. I dont recognize the teflon seal .. but the bullet looks like what Im looking for .. especially the rubber .. I called galaxy direct and they say theres no replacing partial unit as did the distributor I spoke to locally .. WTF bitches .. I almost ordered the part .. if this works - Ill be so happy .. Ill send you a coupon for free carpet cleaning .. LO effin L .. wow .. you really made my day ..

Reactions: Mikey P

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The teflon disk is found inside the regulator, and requires popping it out from the other side, which means completely disconecting the regulator I think. A good idea, but probably not necessary in your situation.
Be sure to get a small tub of waterproof silicone jelly to make instalation easier. It is also reccomended to periodically lubricate to keep the ring moving freely (which helps keep your pressure steady), and keep it from drying out again.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
It's a pumptec 500 psi - it looks like it would work - worse case I'd pull the rubber off - if not I'd buy the whole regulator for $49.69 - it would certainly fit in the hole - regulator looks identical aside from the lettering - beddar than $100.83 - thanks a lot people

I could use a hook tool to pull out the Teflon disk

Back
Top Bottom