Gallons Per Minute

Walt

We should all be checking this. I keep hearing - "I'm running a 48 flow." or what ever. And you just know that the pump and hose size wont support that. I think stating flow as a size is probably very misleading.

So, I guess I better check mine.

Greenie

and....everyone should use some type of Benchmark pressure. Like 500psi to compare flows.

DavidVB

I've had #2s and #3s in my Greenhorn. I also run about 200 ft of live 1/4 inch solution line. I set my pressure based on achieving about 1.8 gallons a minute. That is what my old Steamway wand put out using 3/8 hose. For my machine that requires about 700-750psi at the truck.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Prochem quat jet, 4 #1.5's bucket tested at 600 psi = 1.2 gpm, with checkvalves and 4 #3's at 600 psi, 1.9 gpm. Machine is an 08 Hydramaster CDS 4.8. Also on another post here someone found a flow chart but it only works if you reverse engineer it. If you can bucket test your wand and know the flow size on your wand, you can find your working Pressure. 600 psi at your machine does not dictate 600 psi at the wand carpet interface and the larger the jet size the greater drop in pressure. So the question comes into play of how much flow is too much? If you have a 24 flow and no pressure at the wand, do we get it as clean as if we had 12 flow and good pressure reaching the carpet? And of course this is why Greenie likes to match your wand setup to your machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom