Garage Floor Cleaning

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
When we do them, we usually use a good degreaser/ hard surface cleaner mopped on,, scrubbed by hand or 175 with pad, extracted with spinner tool or in some cases pressure washed and squeegeed to the drain in garage.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Marc,

When I was in AZ........$.50 was the rate I was happy with. Cleared the $100 per hour mark easily.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I have been asked but so far turn down applying paint or epoxy on old surfaces. They just will not last longer than I plan on being in business, unless you grind the surface. I sell cleaning them at $100 1 space, $175 for 2, $250 for 3 and easily hit +$100 per hr.

Do you have a spinner?

s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtKuMOGEuos]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
DAMN how many pads you go through???

I have done my uncles a few times...

degreaser, scrubbed with cimex, then sucked up and scrubbed again with autoscrubber....think i charged him $150 or something....done it twice in 5 yrs....he keeps it way clean, and has an antique in there besides their normal driver

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Marc Imbesi said:
I think Steve Toburen posted something about a garage floor cleaning add-on this week sometime ...
Marc, you probably saw this. The short video is worth watching if only for Yeadons up-till-now-undiscovered comedy talents!

http://sfs.jondon.com/6163/resources/qu ... rage-floor

Or if you are subscribed to our free weekly quickTIPS mailing you may have seen it there.

Our SFS members and others who are offering this service are making well over 150.00 per hour plus they are already all set up and on the job. And there is none of the "collateral damage" that you have to be so concerned with on T & G. (No weak grout or cracked tiles in garages!)

If you are offering this as an "impulse buy" last minute up-sell I recommend saying something like this, "You know, Mrs. Jones, it seems like a lot of your tracked in dirt and oils are coming from your garage. While I'm here we have a new one step deep cleaning process for your concrete that will solve this problem. Would you like me to do a sample on your worst area?"

Who is going to turn down a free sample cleaning? After she has been suitably impressed by the small square you do just say, "Now if you want every square inch cleaned we normally charge 250.00 to 300.00. But since I am here anyway I can do all the open areas, which by the way is where all the problems are, for 125.00." Some people charge less but since the average 2 car open areas are going to take about 1/2 hour (remember you are already set up and the truck mount is running) they still do really well. Plus customers love this service.

Steve
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS One secret to the above is to have a spinner which on most floors is going to give you one-step cleaning.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
KevinL said:
Nice video Chris. Can they make videos for the rest of us??

Thank you Kevin. The video is homebrewed and my first. I shot all of the clips with a Flip Video camera. Used windows movie maker splice it all together. I think we ended up with 7 tracks of audio mixed down to a stereo signal. We used the Reaper multitrack recording program. My son recorded the music tracks. The narration was written and recorded by me. It took about 35 man hours to produce the video.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we fill the dings and cracks and epoxy. I cut a deal with Hapco industries on the product but you could easily get the kit. If you get some signs and get together with a sealcoating company you could "CLEAN UP" I posted pictures of the last big one I did it was a warehouse and cleared over $3,000 after expenses
On that one we used a concrete grinder seal and epoxy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom