Garage rug HACKS

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
To you guys hacking out area rugs in shame on your driveway, garage, or your daughters little princess pool, what are some of the most basic techniques to remove most of the excess water from the rug immediately after it comes out of the pit and is saturated with liquid?

I know the plant that I contract a majority of my rugs to is using a Moor machine, and this last step is accomplished by "extruding" the rug between 2 tube rollers that will squeeze most of the excess liquid out.

How do you experienced hacks prefer to do it??

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
G'day there Goomer Mate

I hack a few rugs in my shed. I use a kids paddling pool and I just use a little submersible pump to empty the pool. I then extract with what else by my Big Green.I normally extract the face well, then flp it and extract the back too. Then I dry them face down so the wick point is the backing.

Rugs with pee get more repeat rinses.

now I have a hack question for you.

I am very careful to use only carpet chems on carpets. But I see some very experienced guys here using other stuff. I think GCC Lee uses Purple Power.

I have a hypothetical scenario for you Goomer and the rest of you guys.
Let's say you have a few customers that always have nylon area rugs with pet pee in them. They have no natural fibres, the backing is polypropylene. Since the rug will be immersion washed and immersion rinsed and is very heavily contaminated with urine, could one perhaps consider using an enzymatic laundry detergent for the task? We are not doing a wall to wall carpet or anything with natural fibres, just cheap synthetics with loads of regular pet pee.

And we are usage a makeshift rug laundry.

Never tried it but has me curios.

Grant

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A Flash Extractor is a good tool to extract water form rugs. They can then be hung or laid face down to finish drying.

There are also a few heavy rollers to squeeze the water from the rugs in a similar fashion the the rollers on the Moor machine, except you are squeezing the rug between a concrete floor and the roller.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
WHEN I used to take rugs home for cleaning, (I now pass these on to someone else to do), I had a large aluminum tank at the rear of my house next to my tower for drying.

After washing & rinsing, (or in the case of urine rugs, soaking in acetic acid, rolling with my MasterBlend Rug Roller and rinsing), I would generally water claw/wand extract them prior to winching up onto the tower for fan assisted drying.

Under my tower I had tubular rubber matting that I would use to vac; my rugs on, dusting would be on the steel grate.

Grooming after drying, rolling and tying for delivery/pick up completed the job.

Collect Oscar Ash, wham bam, thank you Ma'am.

In the Far North, there are no dedicated wash plants per se, within a thousand miles.

This was back in the bad old days when I even had a (shudder), Rugbuster, (or something like that). :errf: :winky:

:yoda:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom