Gates 250deg pressure hose? anyone use it?

racebum

just talked to a local supplier and they are switching from goodyear to gates pressure hose. the deals aren't half bad at $55 per 50ft chunk which is considerably cheaper than interlink or jon don.

in the automotive hose world gates is typically seen as the same or slightly better than goodyear

curious if any of you guys have tried it. also comes in both blue and gray

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
that's the tornado hose right? It is super grabby. You will hate it. it doesn't slide across anything. For pressure washers and concrete/asphalt no big deal but using it on carpet really sucks. Whenever you find something "new" and no one else is using it there is usually a reason and there is very seldom anything "new" in our industry... :) Good idea coming and asking though

Reactions: bob vawter

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley

No. Gates Power Clean is about the same O.D. as Blue Neptune (unlike the Tornado) and has an outer cover that's very, very similar to Blue Nep, so it doesn't have the "pencil eraser" effect.

We've been using it for about 5 years now. Works very well. Even at high temperatures.

racebum

No. Gates Power Clean is about the same O.D. as Blue Neptune (unlike the Tornado) and has an outer cover that's very, very similar to Blue Nep, so it doesn't have the "pencil eraser" effect.

We've been using it for about 5 years now. Works very well. Even at high temperatures.

this would be the stuff. the temperature part was what i was most curious about. if you haven't had any burst and change them out every 300-500 hours or so i'm sold

found exploded views of both here

http://www.centralstateshose.com/waterhoseforcleaning.php

looks very similar.

type c nitrile is actually a fuel/oil grade hose. hard to say how much that has in common with the neptune syn rubber but i would guess they are made to compete against each other

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom