G'day from Whyalla South Australia

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
G'day boarders

I'm new here, been in business almost a year, self own and self run. I'm located in The Spencer Gulf in South Australia and currently have 1 employee. I describe myself as a hot water extraction cleaner but make use of the encapsulation chemicals available for my pre-treatment simple because I find they work so well and have really terrific residue profiles in a hot water extraction settings.

Love to chat with you all, I'm sure I know some of you already.

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I forget, do you all have a King and Queen, a President, a tribe elder or a Warden running the show down there?

Welcome!
Mate I run the show.

I'm the prime minister. :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome, I'll try and outstay it?

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
My carpet cleaning specific chemicals I buy from over your way. I import a family of chemicals called Scots Tuff made by Scot Laboratories who are headquartered in Chagrin Falls OH. The rest of my general purpose cleaners, solvents and the like along with brushware etc I buy from my local janitorial wholesaler West Coast Cleaning Supplies. We also sell cleaning chemicals and spares for Kirby. We don't knock people's doors looking to sell machines though, that can be somebody else's job.

My wife repairs vacuum cleaners and floor care machines and sells vacuum cleaner spares and the Kirby stuff, I just clean carpets, upholstery, vehicle interiors and do the occasional end of tenancy whole house clean.

Grant

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm curious as to why you import you chemicals when I am certain you have access to Prochem and other name brand chemicals locally?

Scots Tuff chems are not any better than any others.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Beg to differ. Scots Tuff hot water extraction chemicals all possess encapsulation features. Everything from the pre-spray to oxybooster, to citrus gel to alkaline and acid rinses all have encap technologies, so they fit with my views on residue management. Dave Lupyan is a gentleman and gets me the info and product I need and the chemicals are sent to me freight free because Scot Labs is owned by the Kirby Comoany and Mrs. GeeeAus is a Kirby service agent. So it drives our consumption from Kirby to use Scot Labs stuff.

Very, very pleased with the chems. In general terms I don't mix and match chems and use a family of treatments by one vendor that have been tested together extensively in manufacturing.

I can't get the whole banana of features I'm after in somebody else's range. Chems are also very pricey in Australia, as I pay no freight from Scot Labs they actually save me money.

Grant

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ahhh mate. What a friendly group here eh? What part of SA are you located?

Why Al la :lol:

Whyalla Al.

Remember when you came across the Nullabor heading east, you got to Iron Knob and stayed on the highway up to Port Augusta??

If you had of made a right turn at Iron Knob you would have gone down to Whyalla on the west coast of the Spencer Gulf.

Welcome to Mikey's Board Grant.

A lot of sarcasm on here except for me, but they've got a good heart, except maybe for the ones on the west coast, in the middle and south of the Mason Dixie line. :razz:

Nearly all the Canucks are okay. :icon_rolleyes:

Keep an open mind (like Marty & Jimmy) and don't take things to heart.

:yoda:

Back
Top Bottom