Geez, you might think

Willy P

Name
Willy P
PMF would check the tools leaving for burrs. I'm going to have to pay to recover a sofa from a tool I've used a half a dozen times that today showed a burr on the inside of the lip. I saw a streak before, but I just figured it was the way the tool worked. It took all of 3 minutes to file away and maybe the quality control folks might want to wear their glasses. Sorry, just venting.

Name
Nate W.
My mom used to like the PMF internal jet upholstery tool, I never. We got a Drimaster and was using that, but even then I had a problem with the tool streaking 1 office chair. Then I got the Hydrokinetic and been worry-free ever since. I believe a glide is a must have for any upholstery tool.

I wish you the best on recovering it. Maybe the recovering person well help you out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lesterj2 said:
wuts a PMF and if im not mistaken did you tear/rip the couch...

I "think" PMF stands for Precision Metal Forming (or something like that)

they make a lot of the tools we use, Lester.
(the metal body part anyway)

wands, upl/hand tools etc

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well since I have sold 1000's of different PMF made tools and never had any issue I think they are doing a pretty damn good job if this is the first time hearing anyting like this.

-JB-

Name
JB
Devils advocate.

Is it possible you dropped it on a hard surface, causing the burr?
Only ask cause I've done it in the past.
Sorry to hear it either way.
Good luck.
JB

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Naw JB, I looked and it was just one that got through I guess. John, I had a good look after the fact, and the bridge between the lips on the vac slot was really sharp. It took a couple of minutes with a file and it was fixed. My insurance is $1000 deductible, so instead of tracking through the bullshit, I'll just pay it out myself. I contacted PMF andgot a response saing they would contact me. I guess we'll see what happens.

TIP - Use screen door replacement for really delicate fabrics. It eases the vac tension on the surface of the fabric.

Greenie

I must say, the glided prochem tool is a money maker/saver as well.

If you can possibly put teflon between you and the furniture, why wouldn't you?

Greenie

I'm just glad I dind't sell ya that V. :shock:

admiralclean said:
Because I don't have the money to buy every freaking thing you come out with.

THAT'S WHY!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
boazcan said:
how much is that hydrokinetic? I need another upholstery tool.

$459 list. I have one I have been hording until I was sure these would still be made that will let the first MB'er to call me tomorrow have for 400 delivered. :D

TimP

I've got a glide on my stair tool. They are cheaper than a wand glide. Well worth it in my opinion!!! Did some stairs today and I didn't even get winded doing it like I would without a glide.

BTW my stair tool is a PMF

Willy P

Name
Willy P
scotty747 said:
willy do you mean put the screen over the lip of the vac?
You can buy it in sheets. I prefer the darker over the metal. Just lay it flat over the fabric and clean away.You can "wrap" cushions and tuck it into the crevice to hold it in place on the shell. I don't know how you would be able to secure it over the lips, but now I'm thinking.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom