Genesis DXT Owners

Walt

If you aren't getting the heat you had at one time, you should check exhaust diverter. Mine went out of adjustment and wasn't fully closed. The fix takes about 11 seconds.

7/16 wrench and an allen wrench. It should lightly click when it closes. If it isn't, your leaking heat.

I noticed a nice little bump in heat after the adjustment.

R

R W

Same goes with the regular gas Genesis......you gotta adjust the diverter flap to close all the way, but not to slam shut. That can cause the flap rod to break. If that rod breaks, you will get luke warm water temps, because the flap defaults to divert mode.

I suspect I will need a flap change soon......they usually last me about a year. Luckily, I have a replacement from the old "parts" Genesis I bought a few months ago.

Chris A

Name
Chris
R W said:
Same goes with the regular gas Genesis......you gotta adjust the diverter flap to close all the way, but not to slam shut. That can cause the flap rod to break. If that rod breaks, you will get luke warm water temps, because the flap defaults to divert mode.

I suspect I will need a flap change soon......they usually last me about a year. Luckily, I have a replacement from the old "parts" Genesis I bought a few months ago.

A flap change, LOL

R

R W

Chris Adkins said:
[quote="R W":3rapf5ih]Same goes with the regular gas Genesis......you gotta adjust the diverter flap to close all the way, but not to slam shut. That can cause the flap rod to break. If that rod breaks, you will get luke warm water temps, because the flap defaults to divert mode.

A flap change, LOL[/quote:3rapf5ih]

Well, that was the "old" technology from 2003. I'm sure diverters are more high tech now. Mine consists of a solinoid, a thermostat, a rod to a diverter box, and a square metal flap inside the diverter box (connected to the solinoid/rod) that opens and closes as heat is called for, directing exhaust heat to either the HX unit, or right out the exhaust.

Walt

R W said:

So, don't let it click when it shuts?

The new Prochem Legend GT has a new heating system. The heat from the engine is around 1200 degrees and the heat from the blower is around 500 degrees. On the Legend XLthe exhausts were mixing together and the blower exhaust was lowering the engine exhaust temp. Now the engine exhaust goes straight to its own heat exchanger. The prochem rep told me they gained 20 degrees doing this and the machine would stay around 200 even with the trigger keyed for long periods of time.

Nice website by the way Walt. The only thing I can say about "green cleaning" is everyone should jump on the bandwagon while you still can. Before too long the customer will see everyone as a green cleaner and will not be able to separate true professional green cleaners from ordinary cleaners. This fad will last only so long until the new fad comes about. The key is to figure out what the new cleaning fad will be and jump on it before everyone else.

Walt

danielc said:
The new Prochem Legend GT has a new heating system. The heat from the engine is around 1200 degrees and the heat from the blower is around 500 degrees. On the Legend XLthe exhausts were mixing together and the blower exhaust was lowering the engine exhaust temp. Now the engine exhaust goes straight to its own heat exchanger. The prochem rep told me they gained 20 degrees doing this and the machine would stay around 200 even with the trigger keyed for long periods of time.

Nice website by the way Walt. The only thing I can say about "green cleaning" is everyone should jump on the bandwagon while you still can. Before too long the customer will see everyone as a green cleaner and will not be able to separate true professional green cleaners from ordinary cleaners. This fad will last only so long until the new fad comes about. The key is to figure out what the new cleaning fad will be and jump on it before everyone else.

They already have here. Every one is advertising "green" cleaning - whether they are or not. It's a little frustrating, but I benefited from it in the beginning, so I guess I can't complain too much. The other problem with green is that most people (including cleaners) see it as a limitation on quality. With todays modern gear and the improvements in green cleaners and a floor machine, it's a rare situation that calls for something chemically more aggressive. Though you might have to work a little harder.

R

R W

Walt said:
R W said:

So, don't let it click when it shuts?

Sure....it will click when diverting back and forth. I just try to adjust so that it isn't "slamming" shut. It's reassuring to hear the diverter activating from outside the truck.The rod that the diverter flap is welded to is about 3/8 inch round, and combined with the extremem heat directly in the exhaust flow, mine would break about every spring. Easy to change, but still a PITA, none the less. I'm due a change real soon.....Johns Custom Heat Exchangers builds a nice replacement unit with SS and is a solid unit. It isn't bolted together like the OEM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom