Genesis Owners

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I use to know a guy with one in a regular ford van. It was mounted out the side door -waste tank sideways on the right and the unit on the left. hose reel in back with a shelf. he had like MAYBE 20" width X50"+/- in the back. Thats it. BIG T.M. Thats what I know about that. :roll:

R

R W

I strap mine to the roof.....kinda like Granny on the "Beverly Hillbillies".

Well....yes and no. I have a 2003 Chevy extended, with the Genesis 59 mounted in the side door. The waste tank is mounted so that we can slide the seats back, but no room to recline. Directly in front of the waste tank, and behind the seat risers is the 16 gallon solution tank. Directly behind the Genny, and near the right side wall is the Kinetico C-50 softener...I've got to climb in and around the hose reel to fill the salt tank.

Now, from the rear, I have the 'lectric hose reel, off center to the left. Along the right wall (passenger side), I keep my RX20 and now my Procaps machines. I also keep my water claws along that wall. On the left wall is a shelf for chem bottles, and between that and the hose reel, I keep 3 wands. The SX12 is directly behind the Genny, tied to the wall. The pressure hoses are coiled directly behind the hose reel, on the floor. My sprayers kinda fall into where ever there is a spot. Now the vacuum....
it goes where ever there is room, which means it has to be moved everytime I use the equipment. I'm going to try to build some roof racks inside the van to stow some of the equipment. I'll try to get some pic's, but I need help posting them.

RW

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
You tell me if I can fit a vacuum in here Waldo....

GavinKeats20066417.jpg

Genesis11.jpg

Genesis7.jpg

Genesis5.jpg

This van is actually a bit smaller in cargo length and width than most of the vans I took a look at whilst on various trips to the US over the years.

Yet, we have enough room to comfortably install a PowerClean Genesis and still have enough cubic volume of air to keep it cool and get access to everything for routine servicing needs.

The waste tank is easy to get too, to clean it out. There is an electric solution reel behind the vacuum hose reel, our aftermarket external filter box, slide out drawer compartment underneath the vac hose reel to carry smaller incidentals, our 1000 psi high pressure portable and there is still room left over for other necessities....such as a vacuum cleaner. :)

Jim

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Thanks for the info guys. I just needed it for my Top Twenty Five Cleaners In The Nation. I am getting my rankings ready. Time to drop somebody out of the Top 25. For you guys that want to move into the Top 25 Cleaners In The Nation. Let me make myself clear. YOU MUST HAVE A VACUUM ON THE TRUCK.

Golden Boy

lance

And you must be able to afford to buy a digital camera so you can show pics when telling everybody here how great the carpet looked when you got done.

So that opens up a spot on the top 25......

Waldo, I'm sure you'll make honorable mention when the votes are counted.

:eek: :shock: :? :lol: :eek: :shock: :p

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Actually Lance I was rated in the top ten. I pulled myself from the rankings. Too many people were sending me nasty e-mails and nasty private messages saying I was being to biased. I take these rankings pretty serious. Al Sims actually uses his ranking in his marketing plan. Last time I checked I think he was rated 2nd in the nation.

Golden Boy

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Waldo- You're a funny dude. I'm gonna make a prediction.

Dave Rampage is off the list.

LeeCory

I have a regular 1 ton van with a Genesis. If I need to I can put in my oscillator and Cimex along with my regular tools and vac. It's a tight fit but not a big deal.

I have a 100 gallon water tank, and 300 foot electric hose reel.

I only put those extra things on when needed, but can be done.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Jim Bethel,

That is an absolute professional installation, and a very sleek looking outfit, including the van!

I hope we can meet someday.

DevilDog

Some tbese comments are absurd. I have an E350 Super Duty. It is not an extended van.

I have no problem with space. If you do have a problem with space then it was installed improperly.

We carry at least two air movers and sometimes three with us. We also carry a floor machine. And we still have plenty of room.

DevilDog

Scott

DevilDog said:
Some tbese comments are absurd. I have an E350 Super Duty. It is not an extended van.

I have no problem with space. If you do have a problem with space then it was installed improperly.

We carry at least two air movers and sometimes three with us. We also carry a floor machine. And we still have plenty of room.

DevilDog

Yeah but Tood that wasn't the question. The question was - do you carry a vacuum? That seems to be the litmus test to make Waldo's list. (we do, but we didn't make the list - probably because my guys are too busy to post here)

Scott

I have parked the big SteamActions and now use Rug Doctors. We bought some cheap $44 vacuums and now we're compliant. The cleanings take a lot longer and not nearly as well but HEY we ain't voiding no warranty. When any problems arise that the RD won't take care of, we re-direct them back to the manf.

Another plus is their chems are cheaper when purchased in bulk.

Scott

Doug Cox said:
Scott- The question was "Is there enough room for a vacuum". I answered as asked.

Semantics, Doug, semantics.

We know what Waldo was implying.

Scott

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If you want a straight f'n answer ask a straight f'n question, otherwise KMA. I don't doubt the question was aimed at me.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
"Is there enough room for a vacuum"

My vacuum is my secret weapon (compared to the cleaners around here). Its the most important part. Hence I've had my vac onboard since I first bought one in 95.
Its more like, what do I have to remove to make room for the vacuum?!

LeeCory

Yes Waldo I do have room for a vac, and YES it is always on the van. I have a spot that I put my Bissel that is out of the way.

Now... I try to pull it out of the van as infrequently as possible... :)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Savage said:
Jim Bethel,

That is an absolute professional installation, and a very sleek looking outfit, including the van!

and datz a fact , Jack!

Bob, he's posted pics of some other installs he's done.
ALL of them top-o-da-line!

..L.T.A.

Supersucker

Ron;
What brand vac is that on your site? I have a customer with one but can't recall the brand even though I gave her tutorial on cleaning the filters. Looking for a new vac myself.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom