Genesis Parts

Mike

Does anyone have a good outlet to get parts for Genesis Machines?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Express Distributing near Canton, Ohio, may have parts. They were a dealer. Call Jeff @ 1-866-859-1011.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If you post the specific parts you are looking for, we might be of more help. I buy my parts all over the place.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Doug Cox said:
If you post the specific parts you are looking for, we might be of more help. I buy my parts all over the place.

Doug is right........just about everything on the Genesis can be found elsewhere, even the heat diverter. Pretty common parts, or you can make other parts work.

I hear the shop is locked up, and nothing is going out of Powerclean. Only the local dealers might have a stock of parts. Can we get a list of dealers around the country??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rwcarpet said:
Express Distributing near Canton, Ohio, may have parts. They were a dealer. Call Jeff @ 1-866-859-1011.

this ^^^^^^

I was talking to Jeff not too long ago.
In the course of conversation we talked about PC

He's been able to find parts from other sources .
Probably from the same sources PC got their parts to build their TMs

..l.T.A.

Walt

7eebe156.jpg

The rectangular piece with nut on top is wearing out at the pivot point. Simple piece but highly proprietary. Any ideas? Don't want to have a custom one made.

Also, any idea where I can get a whole new diverter? Cost? I have a feeling this one won't last forever.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Walt said:
7eebe156.jpg

The rectangular piece with nut on top is wearing out at the pivot point. Simple piece but highly proprietary. Any ideas? Don't want to have a custom one made.

Also, any idea where I can get a whole new diverter? Cost? I have a feeling this one won't last forever.

I just replaced my diverter with one I picked up on a used Genny I bought. It's better, but it will wear out soon.

Is that an air-operated flap control? I have a solinoid operated diverter (2003) which isn't always reliable after it heats up.

Check... http://www.hotheatexchangers.com/ for aftermarket HX's.

Also......where are the 2 bolts for the top of the diverter??

RW

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I can't see what could wear out on that particular part, but any welder could make one in 30 minutes.
rwcarpet said:
Is that an air-operated flap control? I have a solinoid operated diverter (2003) which isn't always reliable after it heats up.
It is a vacuum operated solenoid. Very reliable and it doesn't bang hard into position so the flapper isn't as apt to break.

Walt

Shane T said:
I can't see what could wear out on that particular part, but any welder could make one in 30 minutes.
rwcarpet said:
It is a vacuum operated solenoid. Very reliable and it doesn't bang hard into position so the flapper isn't as apt to break.

My machine has a diesel motor. Even though it runs smoothly for a diesel there is still a certain amount of vibration that is causing that part and the pin that runs through it to wear. The hole that U-joint pin goes through is twice the size it once was. I replaced the pin with a larger size but it's wearing.

The diverter itself has been very reliable and has never stuck open or closed. But the shaft going to the flapper is no longer straight. I have no idea how much longer it will last. Could be 50 hours or 5000. It would be good to know where to get a replacement quick though.

Walt

rwcarpet said:
Walt said:

I just replaced my diverter with one I picked up on a used Genny I bought. It's better, but it will wear out soon.

Check... http://www.hotheatexchangers.com/ for aftermarket HX's.

Also......where are the 2 bolts for the top of the diverter??

RW

I don't know why there are holes for bolts on the top, it's welded on the top and sides.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Johns Custom machine makes a diverter that will swap out with a little work. It is the same size or a bit smaller. They make them with the shaft on the left or right side, so you must specify this when you order. I seem to remember it costing me about 400 bucks with the diverter and parts.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I like john's hotheatexchanger.com also for parts like these. the guy is a genius, but a good welder could definitely fix it before it breaks so it's convenient for your scheudle.

gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
"I don't know why there are holes for bolts on the top, it's welded on the top and sides."

I didn't see the welds, Walt. I know that mine isn't welded. It's held together with 4 bolts that are spring loaded. If your flap does break, you'll have to change out the entire diverter. I've changed flaps about 4 times in 7 years.

RW

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
rwcarpet said:
I don't know why there are holes for bolts on the top, it's welded on the top and sides."

Looks like someone got tired of replacing the gaskets and decided to weld it together. That's great as long as you don't have to take it apart to replace the flapper. It also looks like there is an added piece of metal on the bottom. You are smart to have a replacement diverter on quick order status.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Frank Perez at Truckmount Headquarters in Oxnard, CA (805-604-4808) has PowerClean machines and parts.

Mike

rwcarpet said:
Anything specific you are looking for??
Most parts I can find by finding the manufacturer, and inquiring about distributors. At least that is how I've been doing it. I can't seem to find a thermostat though. I was able to contact the company who makes them but they would only sell large quantities and weren,t very helpful in locating a distributor who could sell just 1. I'll try the contacts you guys mentioned, Thanks!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Mike said:
rwcarpet said:
Anything specific you are looking for??
Most parts I can find by finding the manufacturer, and inquiring about distributors. At least that is how I've been doing it. I can't seem to find a thermostat though. I was able to contact the company who makes them but they would only sell large quantities and weren,t very helpful in locating a distributor who could sell just 1. I'll try the contacts you guys mentioned, Thanks!

I happen to have 4 brand new thermostats sitting on my shelf. A couple years ago PowerClean was so slow getting me the parts that I went ahead and ordered the minimum from the manufacture. If anyone wants one let me know. I'll sell them for $50 including shipping to the lower 48.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom