genesis powerclean

i have a genesis 59 ,,,,, the float in the water box keeps going bad,,, any ideas ???? called powerclean they are suppose to call me back????? guess there swamped,,, turn on unit within 5 mins water overflows from water box plus out tube on bottom of van????? thanks dallas wilm nc ps they float has a upper and lower float on it?

G

I beleive they use the same float as SS. Check to make sure its not stuck. Reliable floats but occasionally they do go bad.

Check to see if its working properly. Follow the line back to a power board. with down it should be allowing the power run to fill switch. With float in up position it shouldnt allow any power going to the fill.

Call Duane at AcceleratedCleaning.com. He used to sell them and may remember more than what I can help you with.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Dallas- I'm a new owner of the same machine but I'm going to point you in a different direction. Right below the chemical tank there is a DEMA valve. It has two wires connected to it. I have the same valve on my Hydramaster and it controls the water flow going into the chemical tank. If the valve fails, the tank overflows. Now if the valve on the Genesis has the same function, that might be the problem and not the float. You can replace the DEMA valve without replacing the whole orifice. Its held in by three screws. I really hope this helps.
55_1_b.jpg

Attachments

• 55_1_b.jpg
    55_1_b.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 55_1_b.jpg
    55_1_b.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 194
thanks doug ,,,,, powerclean Says follow the wires and make sure all connections are good..... im gonna tackle again tommorrow,,,, thanks again

Matt King

Here's how to fix it. I can almost Guarantee this is your problem... Look at the above picture with the Dema. It has 3 screws holding the solenoid onto the brass body. First, turn off all incoming water, next take those 3 screws out and gently lift the solenoid off. You'll see a rubber diaphragm. This has a small little hole in the center and I'd bet you anything it is plugged with something. A small tiny piece of undissolved emulsifier will plug it. Clean and re-assemble. If your problem isn't solved I'd be really surprised.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I'm curious, could the opposite thing happen if the dema valve were plugged or going bad. IOW could your tank stop filling up? It happens occasionally to my HM Cds. I really don't think it has anything to do with the float levers cause farting around with them when this happens does nothing at all.

Usually all I have to do is unplug my incoming fresh water (from customers water hose) and reconnect and it immediately starts refilling.

Matt King

It depends on what type of valve it is. It wouldn't hurt to take it apart and make sure it's clean though.

genesis

well ive cleaned the valve rewired the connectors to floats in box.... started unit after about 5 mins started again water flowing from box and from under van......called ed and ryan they went to lunch gonna call back in about 30 mins........thanks all for the replys,,,,,float in box went bad about 2 months ago and it was doing same thing....109 bucks for the 2 floats and was fine,,,,,,,,powerclean seems to think its the connections but i tried that....??????????? i think it the floats ,,, i keep this unit in the garage the lowest temp has been 25 to 27,,,,,, could it have went bad because of that??????????

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
tman7- In the instance you're experiencing, I would probably guess it is the float not telling the Dema to open or the pump-in pump needs replacing. Or possibly the relay could be bad between the float and the dema. I believe it is on the side of the chemical mix tank.

just talk to ed at powerclean,,, he said it could be the float ,,,,, dema valve stuck on wide open,,,, or the relay..... he is sending all 3 out now and fiqure out which will work of the 3,,,,,,,, one thing i can say ,,, it feels good to have a company so nice to deal with,,,,,,,A COMPANY all the way

Matt King

Powerclean is excellent for support! I know because I had the Exact same thing happen to me on my Genesis. They overnighted a new relay and float switch and it still didn't fix the problem. So they sent a new Dema out but in the meantime asked me to check the rubber diaphragm as I explained above. Bingo! It was clogged this whole time... So if your in a bind, I'd check it and remember this for future reference.

Richie

check where the 4 wires enter the stainless float tube (shaft that the floats are on) I had the same problem and one of the wires cracked right at the top of the float box. $109.00 was cheap i think I paid 3x that for the complete float assembly.

FastEddie

I've gone thru this problem as well but ended up being a bad float. I would also check and make sure you have a good ground connection.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have the same problem on my machine(different company and I was wondering if my fresh water pump was too strong

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Alot of machines have the same components. If you have the same Dema valve as shown above near the chemical tank, clean or replace the electrical part of the valve or clean the diaphragm and that should solve your issue. Otherwise I would look at the high shut off float.

frank

Name
frank pulido
genesis 59

Hello everyone!

Have any of you have a problem with the pressure, on my the pressure from high pressure hot line is very low compare to cold high pressure line
I already rebuilt the pump and change the pressure regulator but everything is the same. :(

brilea

float

I have a power clean 56 Big Bad 3 wand TM. I call it the swamp thing because it always gets me feet wet when I get in my VAN to go to the next job.

I have the same problem. I have been going crazy over this. I have flooded my VAN about 30 times. The floor should rust out soon. When I turn the machine on. I have to wait until the water box is about 80% full then manually lift the float. It normally does not over flow after doing this. But if I use to much water and the float goes down to a point it will stick again and either box will be empty or fill up and over flow. This happens about 1 time a week or 1 time in 25 jobs. Everyone and my mother has looked at this. I am going to try the rubber clean out thing because no one has ever done that. I think?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
go get a swamp cooler float....though you in the south may not have it..

something like this http://pressuretek.com/r7flvaaskit.html

get rid of all the retarded wiring that gets to hot or to wet and causes issues and go back mechanical...

its what i did and best thing i have done..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom