Genesis XT feedback

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The only person I know of that has one is Robert Hodge (RW).

Looking for feedback on Genesis XT with Ford engine / 59 blower, found one at a good price buying as a back up to my Chemspec 860.

Well.......if it's a Ford engine, it's a 2003 or earlier model. I bought the last Ford powered Genny in 03. If it hasn't been beat to death, it would be a nice machine for back up or everyday use. I still use mine daily, and some jobs run to 6 hours non-stop cleaning and running. I've had to change out the drive plate in the Hayes converter, swap out a couple sets of belts, change out the APO, and just general maintanence. Oh, and a few internal hoses. If it has the electric diverter system, it may need some attention. Send some pics.

sevenmacs

Name
Steve McNamara
Its a carbed engine & has 3400 hrs appears to be in decent shape, new pump, blower fine. I'm ok with a little wrenching, took some to get the bugs worked out on my 860, buts its a solid strong running machine. Just looking for a little heads up to see what to check, and what its weak points are. Haven't picked it up yet, I'll check out the converter, I had to change my 860 coupler at about 2000 hrs, due to previous owner not keeping it aligned properly. Thanks for the positive feedback, its nice to have a source to get info when issues arise.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
An engine that old with so few hrs is never good. I would be concerned the engine and blower could have internal damage from sitting.
If I was gonna buy it I'd add marvel mystery oil to the gas then add some to each cylinder. Leave the plugs out and turn it over to lubricate.

Gene

Last edited:

sevenmacs

Name
Steve McNamara
Its been recently used hasn't been sitting, runs fine, its at local supplier on consignment, they've run it,

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Its a carbed engine & has 3400 hrs appears to be in decent shape, new pump, blower fine. I'm ok with a little wrenching, took some to get the bugs worked out on my 860, buts its a solid strong running machine. Just looking for a little heads up to see what to check, and what its weak points are. Haven't picked it up yet, I'll check out the converter, I had to change my 860 coupler at about 2000 hrs, due to previous owner not keeping it aligned properly. Thanks for the positive feedback, its nice to have a source to get info when issues arise.

The biggest thing to watch would be the diverter system, to make sure it is functioning properly. Make sure it closes all the way, or you could get an overheat shutdown (300*). Make sure you have water supply to the APO before actuating. It needs a prime to keep the impeller lubed. If not, you'll be changing out impellers often. And they can be had at any boat supply store that sells Jabsco bilge pumps. And if you run in a hot, humid climate, get lot's of ventiation to the belts and out the back door.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If you take it's age and its hour that machine has spent a lot of time sitting. Just because its been run recently doesn't mean it's ok. Just my opinion. All the oil drains down and leaves it open for rust.

Gene

sevenmacs

Name
Steve McNamara
Thanks for the feedback, yea 11 years old might have a few concerns, compressions good and it runs smooth, for $ 3000.00 I'm not to worried

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
RW do you have any problems finding parts for your Genesis machine ?

Steve.....no, not really. Garanteed Cleaning out of chicago should have anything you need. The old Powerclean builder and the sales guy run it. Jim Napes and Larry White. Also, Express Distributors in Zoar Ohio might have parts left. I have the Hayes drive system on mine, and had to replace the drive shaft a few years back. I called Hayes and they shipped me what I needed. Most of the other parts can be found just doing an internet search.
Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. I can probably find a source for you.

pump3_zps887e37eb.jpg
shaft1_zps94cafaf1.jpg
p6_zps83fe7077.jpg

sevenmacs

Name
Steve McNamara
Thanks for the info, parts availability was a concern, but it seems like it isn't an issue, haven't had time yet to go through machine yet, planning on it in next few weeks, may have questions then, thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom