Getting carpets dry quick..

Name
R.J. Povio
you need some serious dehumidification. I would turn air conditioning to 66-67 degrees to "dry the air out" for a few hours. Try running a couple dehus (i am not sure how big of an area you are talking about and if it flooded) Then follow up with turining on the heat to 73-75 degrees.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
At 100% relative humidity your dew point will be the same as the air temperature. The wet carpet will be slightly cooler than the air temperature and will not dry.
Reduce the humidity by exchanging air with outside air, if the outside air is dryer. Or turn on the buildings air conditioning, or bring in your own dehumidifier.
At 72 degrees with a dew point of 68 your RH should be 88, not 100%, the carpet will dry but slowly. To dry the carpet faster, get hot dry air flow to the wet carpet.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
kmdineen said:
At 100% relative humidity your dew point will be the same as the air temperature. The wet carpet will be slightly cooler than the air temperature and will not dry.
Reduce the humidity by exchanging air with outside air, if the outside air is dryer. Or turn on the buildings air conditioning, or bring in your own dehumidifier.
At 72 degrees with a dew point of 68 your RH should be 88, not 100%, the carpet will dry but slowly. To dry the carpet faster, get hot dry air flow to the wet carpet.
well put. I have had really good results with an open drying technique. what about cranking the heat indoors up to about 80 and opening a window and exhausting the wet air outside ?

Becker

Name
Becker
OK,,, Well I might have bumped the humidity a little, but we were in the low 70s, dew point about 70, and humidity levels mid 90s.
At one point we were at 100% warm temps.

It was a record for the area.

I hated the few days it lasted. So glad it was in the 70s and not the 80s or 90s.

I warned clients of extended dry times.

Only one client had AC.

Glad it does not happen often.

Chris A

Name
Chris
For uber large whole house jobs would running a dehu for the couple, three, four hours your there do anything (serious question)? In those situations fans just seem to shift the humidity around more than anything, and in a rainy day situation dry times can be pretty sub-par.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom