Getting Paid

Rogerjr

Name
Roger
Ok so new at this but am wondering. What do you do if they won't pay you. Never happens, happens once in a while? Put a lean on the house, take them to court, not worth it. Just curious

Bjorn

worry about that when it happens

have invoice made out with price and every thing in advance have customer ok the price and go to work
There are some nationality's that are notorious when the job is over then what a deal after the job is over.

Quit trying to think too much about this it's not rocket science go get your first customer

if some one is pre set to screw you over there is not much you can do about that then how much in time and effort it will take you to get that money out of them. Is it worth you time?

[video=youtube;G3vkwmhzenM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3vkwmhzenM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I did a job with a gut feeling I was going to get screwed .. it was awful .. I wanted to say cash only up front .. but you gotta be careful .. you may offend the person that had every intention of paying ..

I did the chasing, calling blah blah blah .. Just wasn't worth the time and emotion to pursue .. I did some daydreaming of superglue in the keyhole of their door locks and car keyhole .. bottle filled with tea, rag sticking out, pack a matches .. then realized going to jail would be more screwing .. so you may have to let it go

If you have a bad feeling, cash only is an option

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
First time in 7 years I had a guy refuse to pay not long ago..

Told me he just wasn't paying after 10 calls to him..

I said ok and told him I would just call the police and file a theft of services report on him and request his arrest..

He paid cash within the hr!! I almost refused to meet him and filed the report just out of spite because I was pissed..

I made him drive to my bank and meet me

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you give a money back guarantee if they're not happy with the cleaning, it makes it a non issue.
All they have to do, if they really want to take advantage, is say that they're not happy with the cleaning.

Unless you're targeting the wrong crowd, it hardly ever happens.

Reactions: Russ T.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Currently owed just short of 400 by a customer who could easily pay. Cleaned for them many times. This time they paid for the new homeowner as part of the closing. Two months ago and still unpaid. Its happened less then 6 times so I can complain. I've had some pay on the next cleaning. Who else they gonna call and get my kind of clean.

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey
If you are a corporation, you can't use small claims court, you have to use commercial claims court, which isn't as convenient. If you have a collection agency go after them, they need 5 unpaid bills. They only expect to collect on one out of five. They have to be at least $500-1,000 each. They split what they collect with you 50/50. I've paid lawyers to send collection letters, works about 40%. If you get screwed and collect more than 10%, you are doing good. Not paying your bills isn't illegal. Harassing someone who doesn't pay is. Be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Qualify your customer.......

"Would you prefer card or cash"? "we're really excited to get stated, can you approve this please"? then hand them the work order form to sign and accept. Then you are covered. I would also additionally recommend you get card facilities onboard - FROM LAUNCH.

When somebody says "I haven't been to the bank", you say "no problem today the bank comes to you" and hand over your phone and card swiper.

Have lots of payment option and take ANY credit card you can, 3% or 5% may seem rude, but 95 - 97% of you bill paid NOW..... is just too worthwhile to pass up.

Grant

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
now i don recomend usin' yor work truck for this....but yor wifes car will work fine....
soooooo.. build yorsef a little box about the size of a cigar box wit a trap door on the bottom......with a spring to keep it closed!
THEN attach a cable so you can pull the trap door open......
Now heres the best part......FILL this box up wit two or three lbs of broad headed roofing nails......
now make sur that said box is attached well behind yor rear tires...for obvious reasons!
now the fun starts.....plan this carefully....make a turn around in their driveway ot drive thru their lot and pull the cable loosing all the nails in the box......i bet it's so much fun...not that i've ever givin' it much thought.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy N

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Mechanic Lien : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
There are countless ways to resolve a matter of unpaid invoices. Without going to court or involving lawyers that will take half your money anyways...

Some will be the obvious, like "where would you like us to deposit the 85gallons of dirty water? Living room or bedrooms?"
Or the old garden hose through the mail slot on the front door, with the water ON.

Of course Bob's favorite, the roofing nails.

Last year I had a famous musician that pretty much all of you would know try to screw me. I have been servicing them for at least 5 years and always a pita when it came to the money part. You wouldn't believe how many times he or the "wife" would complain over a couple hundred dollar bill, saying "we are broke"....

Yet brand new cars on the drive of a 5 million dollar home.

I fired them last year for trying to screw me on a 140 dollar bill that was for a huge staircase and 3 rooms of carpet cleaning a day after Thanksgiving. (I wasn't going to work on that day but they insisted they wanted that day)

They keep calling asking why I can't come...I simply tell them we are too busy and won't service that area anymore. They keep trying to pull it out of me to say something bad. I just stay calm and nice and tell them sorry can't do it but they are welcome to call anyone in their area.

Sometimes its best to just lose the couple hundred than try to collect..

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Going on 8 years (damn time flies) I have 1 commercial restaurant account stiff me for $300. Sad part was he used to be one of my managers! They went out of business so the way I look at it is he lost his hiney anyway, my $300 loss is no big deal, $300. loss compaired to what I have been paid aint so bad.

And in the past 3 months I have had 2 small jobs from regular clients that had their sons home when I cleaned and have said momma will mail you the payment. Really didn't think much about it since I had cleaned for both of them several times. I have called a couple of times and mailed invoice a couple of times. So again a lesson learned (for such a small amount) to collect upon fullfillment of services for residential work like I usually do regardless of any excuses I hear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom