getting referals from customers

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
So a week ago I posted about demographics of carpet cleaning customers. Fred provided me a report done in 2007 that listed the sources that customers use to find cleaning companies (thank you verymuch) I was shocked the number one source that a customer used to find a customer was a referal from a family member or friend. I wasn't totally shocked but more shocked that half the customers found their cleaner from referal.

Ok, now for the question. What do you guys do to encourage your customers to refer people?

One thought I had was to have sm send a card 0ne month after cleaning with a referal rewards credit on cleaning. Something to the effect of Thank you for using our service, we really appreciate it. We get a majority of our customers from referals from customers just like you. And to show we appreciate it please have your friends mention that you refered us and we will ad a $20 credit to your account for the next cleaning. It is our way of saying thank you for saying good things about us. I would also include a magnet in the card that had on the bottom, Thank you for telling your friends. Have them mention your name for a $20 credit.

What I am trying to get accross is that we are not begging for referals but trying to reward the customers that do refer others to us. Some will do it mearly to get the credit but I think it also helps them think about refering us more.

Thoughts?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like you are buying them.

Not that I have a problem with it, if it worked and they would put it online I'd certainly do it.

Currently we send out a QC card that is self addressed and stamped, then put them up on our website under client reviews. It would be great if we could convert them to Google Plus or Angies List or something third party

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard

Not that I have a problem with it, if it worked and they would put it online I'd certainly do it.

Currently we send out a QC card that is self addressed and stamped, then put them up on our website under client reviews. It would be great if we could convert them to Google Plus or Angies List or something third party

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it very much. I Highly respect your input Quick note on converting those customers to making reviews online. Make it easy for them. What i do was register a domain name and point it to a spot I want reviews online. Example Ratemcc.com That forwards directly to my google local page to make it easy for the customer to do this. This coming year I will create a page with links to my pages on several review sites such as yahoo, google, yelp, angies list. When they type that in the customer then could click which review site they belong to and leave a review. Risks include negative reviews but that keeps me on top of my game in regards to customer service.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard

By the way... Are you coming to mikeysfest? I would love to buy you a beer. Come to think of it I have a lot of beers to buy. This trip might be expensive.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom