getting to know Chris Pond..

Mikey P

Administrator
To welcome our newest advertiser I thought we should learn more about their head mechanic and industry rock star, Mr Chris Pond..

. Please tell us how you got into this industry, were you a cleaner first?

. A list of the companies you've worked for.

. Your favorite and least favorite truckmoints to work on

. Best machine ever?

. Ultimate modern set up for single wand and dual wand rigs, including trucks

. Your dream client..

. Top six mistakes made by truckmount owners in regards to longevity of their units

. If not this gig what else would you like to do for a living?

. Favorite Rotary Extractor?

. Ever designed your own TM?

. And make it?

. Free Flow, your thoughts..

. Favorite Bourbon

. Best advice for the new clueless cleaner out in his own..

That's Chris, nice to have you and the Cleaners Depot on Board!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I got to meet Chris a few years back when Mikefest was in Nashville. I have also seen some of his work. He is an excellent mechanic and a nice guy. Even my own son takes his truckmount to Chris more often than to our store.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Chris is a legend among the distributors nationwide as someone who could diagnose problems over the phone and walk people through some of the most frustrating problems with patience and a good sense of humor. For all of his vast knowledge and communication skills, it doesn't go to his head.

Chris is approachable, humble, and easy going.

He's been a gift to our industry.

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
Thanks for the questions, Mikey. We're looking forward to being a part of the board and being a help wherever we can. Below our Chris' answers:

. Please tell us how you got into this industry, were you a cleaner first?
Yes, I was a cleaner. I worked for Ace Cartozian Rug and Upholstery Cleaning in Seattle, WA. I ran their oriental rug cleaning plant, on-location cleaning, rug repairs and water and fire restoration.

. A list of the companies you've worked for.
Ace Cartozian Rug and Upholstery Cleaning, Professional Chemicals Corporation, Pro-Chem, Jon-Don, The Cleaner's Depot

. Your favorite and least favorite truckmoints to work on
Favorite truck mounts to work on are the HydraMaster CDS and the Sapphire 370SS. Least favorite is the Chemtex Panther.

. Best machine ever?
Prochem Performer 405

. Ultimate modern set up for single wand and dual wand rigs, including trucks
The best setup for dual-wand would be the HydraMaster CDS in a Chevy Extended van with a Water Pond tank and reel assembly coming out the side door. A single-wand set up would be the Sapphire 370SS on a submount water tank in a Chevy Extended van.

. Your dream client..
A successful business owner. You give me a successful business owner and that's your client for life. Guys that are successful are easy to deal with. They're thankful, they pay their bills and it's fun to work with them and watch their business grow, which helps our business grow. It's a real partnership for us that makes work fun.

. Top six mistakes made by truckmount owners in regards to longevity of their units
1) Allowing units to freeze
2) Lack of maintaining fluid levels and servicing at proper intervals
3) Failure to clean waste recovery tank and related filters
4) Overall inadequate maintenance on normal wear items
5) Not following manufacturer directions on chemical dilution
6) Inadequate training of employees on proper use and maintenance

. If not this gig what else would you like to do for a living?
Fishing. Lots of fishing.

. Favorite Rotary Extractor?
The RX-20 has withstood the test of time. However, the Hoss-700 is starting to look really good.

. Ever designed your own TM?
No, I know better. I do enjoy helping perfect and improve existing products.
However, Chris Pond....Water Pond...See any connections?

. And make it?
See above answer

. Free Flow, your thoughts..
Free Flow hasn't hit the state of Tennesse yet, I guess.

. Favorite Bourbon
Angel's Envy

. Best advice for the new clueless cleaner out in his own..
Start with proper equipment, build a relationship with your local distributor and service personnel and build a clientele base. If you have good equipment that will continue to work for you, a distributor that will help you and a good customer base, you'll be successful in this industry.

Back
Top Bottom