Getting to know *** Torrey

Name
Torrey Whitaker
No sweat.

Can't wait to tinker with it.

I'm building a Trailer setup to pull behind my quadcab silverado when I have my helper take the van and TM out on the bigger or farther jobs.

I have a guy in our shop who can do anything with an engine so I'm sure we can work out any bugs if we run
Into many. Only problem with this guy is he had his Lexus in a hundred pieces almost every month installing a new turbo or something and it's in me and Ross's way. We have gotten very busy with the "rug spa" and need tons of floor space.

Mikey P

Administrator
here you go Torrey..

Mikey’s Board’s Staff of Moderators include:

Richard Chavez
. Richard, or whatever goofy name he uses on any given day is a second generation cleaner, starting when he was just 12-years old. Richard and his brother run Chavez Cleaning and Restoration. With facilities in Lawrence and Topeka they cover most of NE Kansas and have over 300 pieces of drying equipment, 8-TM’s & 22 vehicles. “Rich” can be counted on for answering water damage questions with great authority.

Ken Snow.
Ken is a 3rd generation owner of Hagopian, one of the largest Cleaning & Restoration and Retailing companies in the industry. Ken himself is a 33 year veteran. In 2011 Hagopian cleaned carpet, upholstery & tile/grout in over 34,000 homes and business and washed over 33,000 rugs in their 20,000 sq ft Rug Care Spa. Ken’s crew also performed over 1/2 million in rug repair. Ken’s willingness to help fellow cleaners is extremely generous and a huge benefit to being a member here.

Lisa Smith/Weber
. “Truckmount Girl” has been involved in the carpet cleaning industry for over 25 years. A self employed owner operator in the Southern California area turned manufacturer. Lisa fought Chem Dry in court for years to secure the rights for cleaners to have the ability to use Teflon glides on their cleaning wands. Her success has made it possible for cleaners everywhere to achieve quicker dry times and reduce stress on their bodies. Her shared perspective as a woman carpet cleaner is a great and very unique value to Mikey’s Board.

Jim Pemberton.
Jim is the president of Pemberton’s supply in Pennsylvania. He has a lifetime of hands-on-experience in the cleaning and restoration industry. Since 1979, he has conducted training seminars on a wide variety of cleaning subjects for trade associations, equipment manufacturers & franchises as well as the independent cleaning professional. Jim is a former IICRC instructor as well as being the son of Lee Pemberton, a founding father of that organization. Look to Jim for unparalleled advice and articles on upholstery, rug and spot cleaning challenges. We are very fortunate to have Jim as one of the founding fathers of Mikey’s Board.

Leslie Judson Jones.
Les, like most of our moderators here, grew up in this industry as well. His father Judson Jones not only invented the 1st truckmounted carpet cleaning machine but also installed in his son an unparalleled mechanical “third sense”. Look to Les to get great advice on trouble shooting your cleaning machines as well as help on the cleaning/chemical side of the trade. Les is a fanatical and very supportive member and advertiser on the forum

Tony Wheelwright.
“Harry Hides” is the current vice president of the IICRC. Tony recently sold his Canada based cleaning company that he started in 1974. Tony has a wealth of information in janitorial, in plant rug cleaning, leather cleaning and repair as well as color repair for carpet and rugs. Tony still provides inspections for carpet mills when he is not busy keeping the industry’s uppity ups in check. A true rabble rouser and a true Mikey Boarder..

Shawn Forsythe
. Shawn’s command of the English language along with is scientific knowledge of how the equipment and chemicals work in this industry has earned him great respect here on the forum. Shawn’s involvement began 1982 when he worked in the research and development department for Steam Genie in Southern California. From there he went on to be the executive director for the CFI and now currently holds the position as educational director for Central California Cleaning Supply which owns 5 interlink stores throughout the state.

Jim Martin.
Every year we hold a poll of sorts and every year Jim wins the “Most Helpful Member” award. Jim’s electrical and mechanical background along with his incredible generosity has earned him many grateful friends over the years here on MB. Jim’s knowledge of Vortex machines has earned him the title of go to guy when it comes to diagnosing problems with these now obsolete machines. Besides spending his every waking hour on the forum he also runs a very successful two truck operation in Tucson Az.

Lee Stockwell.
It was 1970 when Lee started his own cleaning company. Back then a shiny 175 rotary machine and a shampoo brush was a high tech as it got. Over the years Lee and his 4 sons (2 of which have their own companies now) have used Bane, Butlers, EZs, homemade electrical units, Prochem and White Magic truckmounts. Lee has been handing out great advice on the forums since the beginning of the internet back in the late 90’s. Having Lee as a dedicated moderator here is both an honor and a privilege.

John Middleton
. John is our token virtual illegal immigrant moderator here. Hailing from New Zealand he’ll check in while we are asleep to answer questions and offer very sage like advice on all that he is an expert on. Wall to wall wool carpet, in plant rug cleaning, carpet and rug repairs, color correction, water smoke and fire damage and more. John is a true gentleman and a scholar and we are very fortunate to have him spending his time here

Larry Capitoni.
Larry is considered by many to be their Big Brother on the Board. Larry has a way of seeing through the product hype that finds its way here from marketing hucksters and snake oil salesmen and we can count on him to flush them out like no other. Always generous with advice on his specialties like Steamway units, Section 8 clean ups, wood working and gun smithing We are proud to have Larry here looking out for use rubes. 30 years plus in the trenches.

Fred Boyle.
Fred likes to play hard here and may run a member or two under the covers but don’t let his gruff attitude scare you off; he has a wealth of great business and cleaning advice to share. Getting his start back in the “Bane Way” days he is now a loyal Butler user and his very loyal New Englander clients keep his two trucks running full time. One of our most popular members here on MB With 25 years plus experience..

Bob Vawter
“Bawb” is a recent retiree after spending over 40 years as a owner operator in the Detroit area. His job here is to keep the joint a’ jumping and with his crazy sense of humor and sharp wit you better be on your toes. If you dare step foot his Rubber Room (off topic) to discuss sex, drugs, rock n roll along with the meaning of life you’ll never want to leave. Oh, and he knows a thing or two about building a PTO truck mount from the ground up as well…

and with most members having just as much experience, you can understand why working hours are not filled with thread after thread of guys desperate for work looking for the next big thing to get their phones ringing.

MB is about quality not phony quantity.

Last edited:
Name
Torrey Whitaker
Wow.

Lots of amazing credentials up there!

You guys need to get iPhones or iPads and post more between jobs or on breaks. (driving... Wink)

I work on average 10 hour days 6 days a week. But I'm posting almost every two hours all day all week.

It's probably my favorite thing talking tall these guys.

I love hearing the fresh ideas of new start ups as well the gruff wisdom of old timers that have been thru it all.
There's always the flip side when you have the newby arguing why his CFX is a smarter business decision than your new Butler! Haha
Or the old timer that can't wrap his head around the Internet and its use in sales.

But I'm enjoying getting to know everyone from all walks.

If things go the way I plan, I will be getting off the truck part time and finally delegate some more.

I'm really enjoying the rug cleaning department and love developing better and more efficient ways of cleaning and drying in our shop.

Is there any threads around here showing various guys shop setups and their processes?

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Hey, one more thing.

I lost that thread that you asked what bike I ride and I posted a pic of it.

I was gonna ask you what bike you and others here ride too?

Any pics or stories of this recent vacation or days gone by?

Mikey P

Administrator
I forget what thread that happened in..

but Im trying to get a MC gang started here as we have quite a few guys who ride..

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4

I just completed a 1240 mile trip ALL OVER northern California on the very best goat roads the state has to offer..

I'll have some video and pics up soon

You may want to spend some time in HERE as well...
tons of great info there..

We don't have a set room for guys to post pics of their rigs...

plenty have, you'll just have to go back in the Clean Room I suppose.

Mikey P

Administrator
I want to apologize to any JW's I may have offended in this thread by pointing out a brother gone bad....

anyways Torrey, a shutterbug caught me being silly over the weekend..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
There's always the flip side when you have the newby arguing why his CFX is a smarter business decision than your new Butler!

that would currently be Mardie and his Von Schrader shampoo box .
But he seems to want to do high quality work, so that's a big plus for him in my eyes .
and he can punch back when the Da Boyz get rough with him...so he's al'ite :winky:

We're hopeful the battery dies soon in the mind control chip that was planted in him at Racine Wi Von Scharder labs.
There's evidence that may be happening, as he's now considering spray 'n wipe bonnet/pad cleaning...

..L.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
that would currently be Mardie and his Von Schrader shampoo box .
But he seems to want to do high quality work, so that's a big plus for him in my eyes .
and he can punch back when the Da Boyz get rough with him...so he's al'ite :winky:

We're hopeful the battery dies soon in the mind control chip that was planted in him at Racine Wi Von Scharder labs.
There's evidence that may be happening, as he's now considering spray 'n wipe bonnet/pad cleaning...

..L.T.A.

Gees......If it wasn't for privacy issues i would love to share my successes on large commercial over HWE ......

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim..

Any time you want to rent a rocket and really see this state I'll show you days worth of roads as narrow as your mattress

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Torrey is a good guy overall but has an awful lot to learn still.Talk less,listen more would be my advice.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Gees......If it wasn't for privacy issues i would love to share my successes on large commercial over HWE ......

and just think how much more productive you'll be when you dump that antique scampoo box and start using modern scampoo techniques .

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Torrey is a good guy overall but has an awful lot to learn still.Talk less,listen more would be my advice.

interesting that the only other ***'r has that to say when all the MB'rs think he the bees knees..

I've been feeling guilty about the JW cracks I made in this thread..

I promised a few of them I would lay off Rob's affiliation and I sort of blew it.

sorry fellas.

what happened to 1Kaday?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
what happened to 1Kaday?

Yeah? Wasn't he the guy that gave up managing a large RV dealership to get into carpet cleaning? Initially he was accused of being a total liar, then everyone was saying how he was a genius and how much they could learn from his sales closing skills, marketing and website tips. Those didn't seem to last long. Maybe he lasted longer on the other boards?

Haven't seen a post from him here in quite a while and I was eager to learn some sales strategies and phone closing skills or scripts. That's my achilles heal.
So where did he go? Was he a total fake?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey...yous ain't riden a bike till you ride the Detroit ditches wit potholes so bad you can SEE the re-bar..............

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why do we give a rats a*s about some *** guy?

Shane came in with no big hoopla and is a regular contributor here. I feel Shane is as much an MB'er as any of us. :icon_cool:

Tron or Torry what ever goofy name he wants to use, just needs to settle in, if that what he wants to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

hogjowl

Idiot™
1Kaday is posting over on *** quite regularly. He gives no great or new advice, but is an asset to the board non-the-less. Seems like a good guy. He would be an asset here. Torrey is a nice guy too, but I doubt he will be a regular poster here. His comfort level seems to rest at the same level as ***.

Why is Rob's faith vs. actions disconnect out of bounds? It wasn't with Josh.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And here I thought Marty was a MOOSliM all this time.

And isn't Mikey's wife a J-WITT?

Good gawd imagine being married to one of those when you are SATAN!

hogjowl

Idiot™
If Rob is accepted as a good representative of the J-Wit church, then I can't for the life of me figure out why Mikey hasn't joined. Comparatively speaking, Mikey would be a saint.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jimmy for a guy who plays the wife roll in his marriage I would think you'd be the last guy to comment on relationships..

I know a ton of JWs and 90% of them are very moral upstanding citizens.

How Rob has not been disfellowshipped by now is beyond me

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Why do we give a rats a*s about some *** guy?

Shane came in with no big hoopla and is a regular contributor here. I feel Shane is as much an MB'er as any of us. :icon_cool:

Tron or Torry what ever goofy name he wants to use, just needs to settle in, if that what he wants to do.

Nothing special here, i am just another crazy cleaning guy.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Kipp

Name
kip
1Kaday is posting over on *** quite regularly. He gives no great or new advice, but is an asset to the board non-the-less. Seems like a good guy. He would be an asset here. Torrey is a nice guy too, but I doubt he will be a regular poster here. His comfort level seems to rest at the same level as ***.

Why is Rob's faith vs. actions disconnect out of bounds? It wasn't with Josh.

No great or new advice but I'm an asset? Gee thanks....I guess

I see Torrey managed to escape the colonascapy I got...so far

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom