GG8BL Hi-Power UV LED Light from Cobb's Carpet Supply

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
take it outside tonight and turn over a few rocks and see how may scorpions you can find with it.....

danielc said:
I bought a great LED blacklight flashlight for 39 dollars. IT works great.

http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

That one shown in Daniels link is pretty much worthless. The room has to be very dark to see anything. I have one sitting collecting dust.This is what I have and the room don't have to dark to see urine.
bib.jpg
These are around $450 dollars and they work in daylight.

No you don't need the yellow glasses.

Marc Imbesi said:
I don't have the amber glasses. Worked fine for me, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna get me some. Safety first.

$39 is good for a Halloween scare....nothing more.....$450 and corded is over priced IMO....BTW, dont they need to warm up and cool off?

Yes it need to cool down and warm up. Its just part of the dog and pony show.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks Marc;

I like the "professionalism" comment.

Don't forget that you can also use it for dye stain removal,
with our Powder Brightener.

We manufacture the rechargable UV light here in Dallas.

On ICS BB, Con Schultz says he uses it in the daytime rather than the $450 light pictured above.

Larry

P.S. I sent an earlier model to one of the first Summerfest gatherings as a door prize,
but nobody noticed it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

They have to be hi-intensity UV lights to perform the spotting in minutes.

Our GG8BL model and the $450 light above would fall into that category.

The large heavy light above does have quite a bit of heat,
which needs to be considered.

Larry

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i bought larrys prev model 2 yrs ago still works great
in day light no glasses
goin to buy his new one soon for 2nd truck

2 thumbs up here

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks Randy;

You will appreciate the improvements I have made in the new higher power light.

It works better for UV-assist spot removal with the DC Powder Brightener.

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin & Marc;

One limiting factor on the light from Amazon is that it uses 3 plastic lenses to focus the Ultraviolet light.

This will normally reduce the most effective UV light wavelength about 25%,
depending on the thickness of the plastic.

We use a metalized reflector in our UV lights for maximum transmission.

We have a 3 watt UV light with a metalized reflector, nylon case, rechargeable lithium battery and charger for $129.

It has ~50% of the intensity of our higher-power GG8BL light.

Larry

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
As a health and safety precaution you should always wear glasses. I don't use overpriced ones supplied with units, I simply purchase a pair of clear safety glasses that have high uv protection.

I also have one like Richard posted above, it'd have to be nearing 10 years and is always been a great performer for me. Yes it needs time to warm up, but that happens while I'm discussing with the client. My biggest bug bear with it is the fact it's corded.

Guys stay safe. I recently worked for a forensics guy. He uses uv as part of his job. One of the things that got me the job was the use of safety goggles. The last guy didn't even get to do his inspection, he was quickly shown the door when he said he didn't have or need any glasses.

I always carry 2 pairs, one for me and one for the client, it's appreciated by them.

Is it over hyped? I don't know, but for something as valuable to me as my eyesight, I'm not taking any risks. Having a set for the client also shows care and responsibility.

John

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Marc Imbesi said:
GeneMiller said:
the glasses are to protect your eyes from the uv which is harmful.

gene

Sorry, Gene...I should have deleted that part of the question.

What I'm looking for is Frank's assessment of the $69 light on amazon. I certainly dont think its fair to recommend product you havent purchased and/or used. Do you?

Oh Fraaaaannnnnk!?!

Used it about a dozen times. Most of it during the day, but never in a very sunny, bright room. Although it did not always fully illuminate the urine from a standing position, it illuminated enough to warrant getting a little closer, which then would show up fine. I honestly have never used another one to compare it to, but for 69 bucks, it may not be the best, but don't expect the best for 69 bucks.
I did get the job done.
Usually my eyes, my nose and my moisture shark find everything there is to find. I use the light less and less.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom