Give me the honest scoop on MB redline

I have been looking at some samples of redline and soap free for atleast a year now. I picked them up today. My supplier told me that redline would not mix and would also clog up my sprayer almost immediately.

IMAG01271.jpg

Brian L

Name
Brian L
It mixes fine, never had a problem clogging anything. I just think it is a bit weak for a prespray with a ph of 10.

G

John O has some sitting on his shelf. Ask him what he thinks about it.

Brian L said:
It mixes fine, never had a problem clogging anything. I just think it is a bit weak for a prespray with a ph of 10.

I am working on my prespray mix. I really like Curt's OF3 booster. It is by far the best I have tried. I have plenty of powerstrike and powerburst. The OF2 is a great peroxide booster that doesn't foam uncontrolably like odor rescue plus it smells great. I am going to mix OF2, the citrus booster, and either powerburst or powerstrike to make a great prespray combo. When I am finished with this batch I plan on ordering some powermax from Larry Cobb. Everyone seems to like it and the price is good plus it contains the citrus solvent, enzyme, and oxidizer.

The redline is just a base that I could add the booster to.

I am going to mix up some redline with citrus and use it tomorrow. I will post results. By the way my Everest is running and 200 degree slurry will cut through almost anything.

Mikey P said:
Redline mixes up just fine.

what else has he lied to you about?

I think he was talking about soap free clogging up chem pumps etc. I know I have heard several people claim problems with soap free on this board. I also think they were saying that to keep me from using it because they push prochem chems. I will use anything if it is free and others have tried it with success. It looks fresh and not clumpy. Almost no smell either (well until I add citrus). I guess it would be good to have some for people that are chemical sensitive, and I would charge more for this type of cleaning.

Name
George Valliant
danielc said:
When I am finished with this batch I plan on ordering some powermax from Larry Cobb. Everyone seems to like it and the price is good plus it contains the citrus solvent, enzyme, and oxidizer.

That's thinking with your dipstick!

Mix it up right and lay it down white. Add a splash or two of his Cherry OdorSolve and a pinch of his Powder Brightner and you got yourself a wicked prespray at an unbeatable price.

Zero soil attracting residue too!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I tried the sample of Redline

found it to be an "good" pre-spray, just like most on the market

I don't recall any mixing or clogging issues, but we use an electric sprayer and mix with warm/hot water , as I've never been able to use any powder at *strong* dilute in an in-line sprayer

..L.T.A.

I used the redline today on a lightly soiled carpet that I cleaned and protected a year ago. It mixed very easy, was not foamy, and almost no smell. I would rate it as a premium chemical. It has a great dilution ratio also. I will use it on some more jobs straight with no booster.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Redline works good. Not a "premium" chemical though.

I have been using redline on some jobs since the summer of 2007.

I use powerburst, powermax from cobbs, redline, and sometimes judson juice, depending on carpet type and condition.

Redline really needs dwell time or prescrub- but hey if you prescrub it, you already had given enough dwell time. :-)

This reminds me I just ran out of a 45lb paill of redline....need to go pick up some.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom