Give me your best portable extractors with heat?

Rescue

Since I have to borrow a portable extractor from Albert. I was wondering what portable extractors you all like? I am looking for something that is reasonably priced, can put out up to 500-600 psi and has a heater.

Also, thank you Albert for letting me use your portable.

Joe

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you should heat, pressure and vac seperate. I use a dual 3 stage diamonback run through a little giant propane heater. I have the heater mounted to the the porty for easy moving. Best set up bar none

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
When comparing portables, it is good to understand that with a limited amount of power (usually 2 110 volt cords) there will be trade-offs. For example, to get more heat, you may have to give up some vacuum.

We make the Olympus M500H. It has 500 PSI Pumptec pump, 2 two stage lamb vacuums and 1750 watt heater that can reach a maximum temp of 195 F. Two cords that will each operate on a 15 amp circuit.

You may also want to look at the Olympus M3-200H. This model has 200 PSI pump but dual 3 stage vacuums and the same heater. This also runs on two cords and nominally draws 14.45 amps. Being that close to 15 amps, we suggest running on 20 amps circuits when these are available.

You can see either of these on Hydroforce.com or Bridgepoint.com or InterlinkSupply.com websites.

Scott Warrington

danpauselius

IMHO, save your money on the heater and go for big vacuum. You can increase water volume by a simple jet swap. What will make the biggest difference in your final results will be your method of agitation (especially with a porty).

We have quite a few commercial accounts where we are forced to use the porty. Electrical outlets and circuits can be extremely limited in some of these places so we often have to leave the heater unplugged. I've noticed very little to no difference so long as we prescrub with a rotary.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Another option is to simply preheat your water using bucket heaters. These can be plugged in at any location where current is available. Then fill your fresh water tank with hot water.

Scott Warrington

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rescue;

I agree with Dan...

I would forget the heat and get more vacuum and pump power in a hi-performance portable:

1. Two Hi-perf 3-stage vac motors (486 air watts each)

2. Hi-pressure pump w/AC motor delivering at least 1.6 GPM @ 450 PSI. High FLOW with a glided wand & angled jets is key here.

These two factors plus a functional durable rotomolded housing with 10" Wheels will give you top portable performance. 2" Vacuum Inlet is desirable for maximum air flow.

Current draw should be less than 15 amps on each cord to eliminate circuit breaker issues.

No Heat, all available electrical power is applied to the pump & vac systems.

Pump Out & Auto Dump if desired.

If heat is required, use drop-in heaters on other electrical circuits.

Larrry Cobb

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
anyone who blows 500psi with a porty is a rug soaking mo-ron

learn to clean and forget 500psi, use the power available for vacs (as mentioned) and buy one that has a good sized fresh water tank, is easy to fill and drain, is maneuverable ( large dolly type rear wheels) and can be worked on easily.

after that, a porty is a porty, so don't spend $4 to $5000 dollars for one

PS..I didn't make make through all the comments made, so forgive if i was redundant

..L.T.A.

danpauselius

I use a 200 psi Pathfinder. With a good pre-scrub, I really wouldn't feel guilty if I had to use it on every job. It does its job.

That said, I really, really wouldn't want to be without my TM for my back's sake.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
porty

check out clean craft.com there eclipse is great three
vac with a two switch heater two cords

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danpauselius said:
I use a 200 psi Pathfinder. With a good pre-scrub, I really wouldn't feel guilty if I had to use it on every job.

you're doing a better job that way than 85% of the TM jamokes out there

..L.T.A.

Dom Agostino

My Explorer/Pathfinder has been relegated to some rug cleaning in the shop, I never liked it, it really SUCKS...actually it doesn't and that is my problem. So, I got me an M-16 which I will also keep in the shop , it is supposed to better than the crappy Castex, at least I hope it is.

Dom

P.S. M-16 from Mytee that is.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't have a picture of it it is in the back of my shop. I haven't had to use it since the Yachting season ended. But I got 220 atw the wand with an adjustable to 300 psi with dual 3 stage vacs. I need to plug two seperate circuits but the propane heater is awesome. I use it with a rotovac in highrise condo developments and yachts

Greenie

300 psi is plenty with a porty, and I mean a real 300 psi (actually keying the wand with decent flow).

I'm with everyone else here, forget elec. onboard heat, a terrible waste of avail. amperage.

I would consider the auto fill auto dump that some offer, it can very well be worth the extra cost, I just set up a customer with this as a supplement to his truckmount, he runs a Greenhorn 010 flow wand with it.

If you can wait til' MikeyFest (Feb 20th) you can see and touch a few units and get a better idea.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I own 4 cobra 200 hs from U.S Products...

Never a problem to this date with them...

Just never liked the standard solution line it comes with,modified that...

But over all nice unit,hard to bring up a staircase,it could have been more like the Ninja or current Solus type...Bigger wheels etc...

But they clean a ton of mats every day,along with the Banes when they are not out at night here...

My 2 centavos on the ownership of those critters...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

We also have some Hi-Pressure portable users going to the Hi-Flow Angled-Jet wand w/glide.

The portables have dual 3-stage vacs (486 air watts each).

Most of them are going about 50% larger in jet size while maintaining similar dry times .

Really speeds up production on large commercial jobs.

Larry

Robert

I love my kleenrite 600HP they dont make it anymore but it kicks ass for a porty. Duel 3 stage vacs , 200 cfm 2" plumbing, 400 psi pumptec pump and 2 different heaters. Legendary construction will last forever LOL. I may know where there is a used one with 200 hours and auto fill and dump for sale.
Robert

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lose the heat, get more vac. You can only run so many goodies on 2 110V cords, so make the most of it.

As Greg mentioned above a small Little Giant heater can be great.

Take care,
Lisa

Supersucker

Looking into upgrading from an outdated porty myself. Like others have posted, I generally use with a prescrub or for upholstery.
Is the Olympus M3-500 a series or parallel setup? Can the plumbing be changed to 2" easily or would it be worth it? Is it available with auto dump & fill or would I need the FX88?
Larry you're saying I can use a truckmount wand with dual 3-stage vacs?
Greg is that a #2 heater your using? How do you attach it to the unit & do you use a standard 20# LP tank or smaller? Looking at one as a post-heater for my TM anyway, might as well make it portable.

Thanks

Dolly

Wow Larry, that was hard.

I have an olympus 500 PSI 2 3 stage vac and I can run up to
100 ft of hose

I don't have heat. The Judson prespary and carbonated solutions
works real well without it.

If I could I would post plenty of before and after photo's of my jobs
that show trashed to brand new.

The carpets always dry in 1 to 2 hours. I never over wet and I also now
us my OP machine. Actually more than the Porty

I have had problems with my porty in the past, but I have to say that
Bridge point did over and above to resolve them for me.

I could not ask for more help then they gave me.

The machine runs great. I will sometime soon be buying another porty because my daughter is joining me. John LaBarra has also been of great help and I liked what I saw at connections with the MYTEE machines.

NO insult at all to Scott.............I just want to have two different machines.

I will more than likely be getting another brute in the future too for the same reason.

I have made an excellent income and look to increase, in fact I already have

Kevin

The Eclipse only has 3 of the small 2 stage vacs. Get a machine that has two 3 stage vacs and a 2 stage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom