Giving Commerical Customers Advice,

S

steamclean

How do you tell a large customer that every 2 years is not good enough when it comes to cleaning there carpets. I did a job Saturday where the waste water was black, the inline filter was cleaned out twice.

This is a manufacturing plant, the offices are next to the plant.

I want to say something very professional, but not to much like I am trying to suck money from there pockets. This building has 2 floors, each around 6000 sq. ft.

Thanks

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
When you quote the job or bill the job in this case, give them prices for 3 mth, 6 mth, 12 mth, and restorative (2yrs) cleanings. Then recommend to them either the 3 or 6 depending on their budget. But the 2yr price needs to show how much more work is involved. It will also show for not much more it can stay looking nice all year round. Thank them for their business.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Briain has it... One thing I would add is work up couple "Maintenace Plans" priced for pre-scheduled work and include low moisture and steam options. Just a thought...

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Alittle of subject but was wondering if you would set a min for commerical work. did a 585 sf job at .15 will do every month. I thought that was good. do you guys have any acct like that small?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes, but due to prior experience I can't say much about the specifics of the accounts we do. You can make good repeat money at that rate, and with experience you will improve your productivity and profit.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
here are my thoughts that bring up the questions:

1. 585 sf at .15 is $85 a month.
2. It will be done at night.
3. That does not seem to resignate with the mgmt.
4. Its a annual profit of $1020
5. Takes about an hour.
6. I move nothing, they move all and set back up.
7. This could be a cust that leads to refferals.

and a whole bunch more. What would be some other advice to consider from those with more experience building commerical acct. My first thought is have a min of $100 for commerical due to time of work performed. Your thoughts and suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A "daytime" person may charge extra for night work, but the reality is that there is no good reason for them to pay more for night work.

A Jeff Cross suggestion we took ten years ago was to move many of our restaurant accounts to early morning. That works to piggyback commercial accounts onto a daytime residential cleaning routine. Much better than working to the wee hours and trying to be up at 9am.

In our case we often piggyback a 5:30am Applebee's after an 11pm Ryan's, especially if it's an out of town site. Makes the trip more profitable.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
That would work really well for this new acct bc I picked it up by going next door from a resturant we clean in the middle of a dump out, and geting a soda and piece of sweet potato pie owners sees us walkin over calls on the phone and ask if I would clean hers too. Said sure would love to. right next door. cant beat that with a stick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom