Glad it warmed up today

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Or I woulda been chiseling the agua outta this lil hut : )

Guessing 230gal between shop vacs and the mount. Betcha that hillsides slick tonight : )

ybujura7.jpg

ydetuga6.jpg

Outta pocket expenses : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Day 2, 3 rd rearrange : )

We figured the floor would be a total loss. Rentable he says : )

4unu5ana.jpg

sa6erynu.jpg

9yby9eqy.jpg

5e7yqu6y.jpg

gevu4aru.jpg

???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool man I had no idea you did water work. :headbang:

Don't be afraid to use a paddle bit on that toe kick to get some air into the box if needed. They can always tack another base across the front.

Chris A

Name
Chris
good for you buddy, I'm always too chicken to get into the drying because of the relationship we have with a big restoration co, but I'm thinking it's time to start looking at some equipment, at least for the little ones.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Is that Laminate Floor? Kind of looks like It in the pics.

There has to be water under there if it is with the amount of water you are describing. I would be telling them it needs to come out....or sign here please......and then hope they still don't sue when things go bad later....LOL

I just finished another water loss today....and I am out of the restoration game....Yeah.....

Mark Saiger

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll never get out of it. Your clients won't let you. BUT at least its on your terms....that's in my presentation too! :clap:

You're right about the floor, it's only going to get worse and buckle. I missed that entirely! :redface:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You'll never get out of it. Your clients won't let you. BUT at least its on your terms....that's in my presentation too! :clap:

You're right about the floor, it's only going to get worse and buckle. I missed that entirely! :redface:

And I thought you were my friend Richard....LOL!

I almost called you today, but then figured you were swamped too! Was just going to tell you about how one of our local franchises claims to be a mold expert and just put's a petri dish on the toilet....and then does his own report....Lot's to tell you about the preferred vendor now in our area....

Mark

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
good for you buddy, I'm always too chicken to get into the drying because of the relationship we have with a big restoration co, but I'm thinking it's time to start looking at some equipment, at least for the little ones.

Funny you say that as I am looking to start working more w a bigger family local resto comp. Hopefully he shows up here soon : )

I have Fire experience too Doc. SM jus used and abused no certs at that time.
I read up on the resto info to when it buzzes bye. Really NICE : ) gaps around the walls on this one. Massive air flow throughout. Plus atleast something to remove the h2o from the air. Wish I could have dried it faster but it sat for awhile.

Customers happy and another door is opening because of it.

Laminate snap poo of some sort. He said 3 something a foot so ??
I honestly expected it to be much worse than it is on the buckling.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like to hear the stories. We have an IH in our market that tests and has a sister company that does remediation. I hear they have never failed a test. :p

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Getting Rough !

He figured it would be a loss. I was sorta hoping to get lucky and win for his sake.

urutapur.jpg

vupybu9a.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It only gets worse until it dries. The water/moisture gets trapped beneath and can't escape and will eventually buckle if there is enough beneath. Get a crow bar and just snap her out of there. Comes out easy once you get a start on it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Rip out that floor, base, shoemoldings, and that's just a start.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Rip out that floor, base, shoemoldings, and that's just a start.

Really?

HO did not want it on Ins.
This is a rental unit so it was OOP expenses.

My job is complete and HO is very happy.

My speculation would be this: next time it happens someones renters ins will replace it. That is where the Racket starts and where I go suk rugs : )

Chris

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My job is complete and HO is very happy.
They all are different, that being a rental dry is good enough. If it were his own house he might have you tear it all out. Your services can adjust to level they desire as long as you cover your butt.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom