Glide getting loose

RLitwin

My glide has never been a tight fit, but it has worked great. It is about 5-6 months old and is starting to flop back and forth when cleaning. As I push the wand forward, a small gap opens along the front of the wand. Is there a way to shrink a glide? It hasn't seem to affect dry times.

I have a Blueline 14" ergo wand.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
*BUMPY*

I would be interested in knowing the answer to this question and I would like to know is it necessary for the glide to completely enclose the wand opening? Or is it better to have some gap to allow more air flow. The reason I ask is cause I bought one of Greenie's demo glides and it had small gaps on both ends, so I wasn't sure if this was normal or a defect.

Greenie

A small leak can be beneficial, a large leak is just a leak.

The rule of thumb is:

If you can slide a Popsicle stick in the ends easily, it's probably too large.
You have a little more "wiggle room" to spare with big blowers as you are only moving so much airflow through the actual glide, on smaller units we like to see a snug fit.

But....the TEST is the drying, is the unit drying/extracting well? If it's improved over a non-glided wand, you are probably just fine as is.

If the gap is significant, your wand will leave the carpet as wet, or wetter than no glide at all.
Fortunately this is easy to verify on the first job you clean with it.

Today's GreenGlides are very refined, unless the wrong glide is fitted to your wand, it's not likely you have an issue.

We spent this last year really dialing in the fit on many wands, as the wand mfgs. make changes to their wands, we try to keep up.

Rob, it's possible you got an older model CMP, as it's one we did revise last year, let me know which one it is, Hole, Slot or Hybrid and we'll exchange it.

Tman, the Factory 2nd glide you bought off the site is most likely a byproduct of a model upgrade, quite serviceable I'm sure, just make sure it's extracting well (as above test), nothing a dab of sealer couldn't remedy.

I'll look for your email Rob, just send to Info@GreenGlides.com (shipping is always free).

RLitwin

The glide still fits tight on the back stroke, so dry times are still good. I have the hybrid and I can feel the vacuum - must not be leaking much air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom