Glide Mods

asupremeclean

Do any of you do glide mods when you get them? Like drilling holes, or anything to make them fit better?

I tried a glide from butler for their wand and it seemed to leak like a sieve. Also the suction seemed to get really bad so I sent them back.

I have since modified the hoses for greater suck, Went to a 2 1/2" setup, 2" whip with 14" westpak low profile wand and now I need glides. Will the glides affect flow of water to carpet?

Did I see somewhere someone boiling them?

Anyhow, any advice will be great.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have the same wand as you. Get the glide and spacer kit from Greenie. Also go with some larger jets. I'm using #2s now but plan to step up to #3s when finish some blower plumbing mods.

Greenie

On the older WestPak models the spray would splatter, not too bad on newer wands.

Greenie

While it is true that larger blower machines can make use of a "slightly" larger hole diameter, that same mod will make the glide grab the carpet harder, so do as you see fit.

Smaller blowers should leave the holes where they are, might as well enjoy the ease of use of a stock glide.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
asupremeclean;

When we install glides, we always seal the glides to the wand.

In our testing it slightly raises the vac level at the wand lips.

It also helps keep the vacuum energy going thru the carpet fibers.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
if you are not running a knuckle, keep in mind your vac relief is starting to crack open once you get to about 10" wouldn't you rather have the relief at the wand head rather than at the machine??? seems like this would allow more air flow though the wand. greenies glides are fine, just snap them on, and call it good. the only wand I know of that needs glue is the hydrosonic wand that JWC put out, thats mainly because it was designed before glides came out, but it uses the same idea and that is allow some relief at the wand head, so the vac relief on the truckmount isn't doing all of it

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I would never recommend completely sealing a glide to the wand. They are engineered to leak slightly at the ends, it is vital for optimum performance.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom