GLIDE QUESTION...

breathe72

QUESTION #1) Whats the best glide to use for the prochem Ti wand (6-jet) and who sells them?

QUESTION #2) Who sells the jet extensions for this wand & how do we modify the jet-angle?

This might not be worthy of a 'subject' to post, but wasn't sure who to private-message about it.

ALSO, we bought a glide about 4 months ago for the dual-jet 'beginners' wand we had been using (you know, the 295 dollar wand) and the supplier had us bring in the wand, as they had to put the glide under hot water prior to installing (?).. etc... Whatever. We had no clue.

They told us life would be easier with the glide.

Did a residential that day with our new glide, felt great, but I had the feeling we were not extracting very well. The wand wasn't 'grabbing' the carpet like we were used to. Figured that was the way it 'should be' with our new glide. Even did extra dry strokes, just because it did not feel like we were extracting.

Our custy called later that evening to tell us their carpets were "soaked". The only thing we did differently was use our new glide on the job.

I promptly took the glide off and flung it across the shop, where it lays amongst trash & spare parts to this day.

That week we upgraded to the Ti Prochem wand and never looked back. Wet carpets were a thing of the past.

Problem is, my shoulders/arms are getting HUGE, as a result of the way this new wand grabs and holds to the floor.

Started lurking on Mikeys board shortly after , and , after hearing so much talk of Glides, we have since felt like we are missing out by running 'Glide-less' with the Ti wand.

Maybe we were doing something wrong (operator error?) while cleaning with our new glide that day, but we tried different angles, and still felt like it was not extracting.

Just trying to improve.

P.S. We still have the other Glide (slotted) that we used once, fits the other wand. It comes with the metal dog-tag slot-cleaner. Any takers? :lol:

V

vegijohn

Have you check and cleaned your waste tank filters lately? If they are clogged you'll get a high vac reading but decrease suction at wand.

breathe72

John,

thanks and yes we have.

I probably should have said this in my original post, but NOTHING was different or clogged or obstructed or left open while running that glide.

SO WHERE DO WE GET THE MERCHANDISE FOR THE TI WAND?????

Bob Foster

The best people to get them from would be Greenie and Lisa of Greenglides.

Not only will they be able to supply you the parts but will also troubleshoot for you the problems you are having to help you resolve the quality issues you might be having.

Greenglides can be reached toll free at 1-866-438-8335.

TimP

Also a slot glide isn't known for it's drying ability. Go with hole or hybrid from greenglides. And you can always remove it for nasty homes.

Keep in mind you must pre vacuum, pre aggitate in some shape or form. Glides aren't knownd for aggitation. But it makes it so that the wand is way easier to push and in addition leaves the carpet dryer. Also a good angle on your jets and changing out to higher flow/wider dispersion for even coverage if your vac can handle it helps.

Greenie should get you hooked up.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well if you use one you have to make sure you prevac and do some sort of agitation.

So where is the time savings and wear and tear on your body?

NOT all jobs require you to do multiple steps.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can tell you right now what went wrong.

You used the wand to agitate.

If you want to use a glide you'll need to use good pre spray and dwell time to loosen the soil. On heavy soil you'll need to scrub it loose with idealy a 175 floor machine, at worse a grandi groomer.

You should never need to make more then 3 rinse passes with proper pre conditioning.

So, pre vac, pre spray, agitate. rinse, 2 or 3 dry passes and you'll be the talk of the town

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mikey P said:
I can tell you right now what went wrong.

You used the wand to agitate.

You should never need to make more then 3 rinse passes with proper pre conditioning.

So, pre vac, pre spray, agitate. rinse, 2 or 3 dry passes and you'll be the talk of the town

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

3 rinse passes????? holy cow I only do 1 90% of the time...keyed the whole time along the pass (flow fired heater) and then a dry pass the other way.

oh yeah I use a slotted glide and it dries fine...wonder how a hybred would work???

hogjowl

Idiot™
I brought out a standard 2 inch wand the other day and took the glide off of it. I just wanted to see and experience the difference. It was a pita to move, probably cuz I'm spoiled now, but the carpet actually looked much better in the non-glided area.

It's a toss up, I guess.

But at my age, I dunno ... do I want to be able to move at the end of the day?

Yeah .... guess I'll keep the glide.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I cant even move mine on CGD it just locks...

I cant even imagine cleaning with out one now

breathe72

Mike, we weren't running several rinse passes.

3 RINSE PASSES??? Maybe in the crackhouse apartments that we do on the North side... And in the nasties, I like to throw down the Flex & Citrus solv, scrub with a groomer, go make a phone call, come back, and Clean.

But This was CLEAN carpet. Elderly couple, no pets, nice home, etc..

So thats why we were confused as to where all the water came from....

One rinse pass, maybe two in some places. Really no agitation needed on that job.

But we DO use the wand to agitate in many situations, so I can already see where the Glide might not be a must-have for us.

I'm still gonna try it again though.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Was it a stiff raised pattern berber by chance??
You know the kind I'm talking about.
They'll have a diamond pattern or something similar.
A glide can leave those carpets wetter because the surface area of the glide doesn't allow it to get down as deep and an unglided wand.

I've said this before and I'll say it again..

with "my" wanding style and the way "we" do it, there's not a dimes worth of difference in "honest" dry times between slot and hole glide on cut piles.

a hole glide doesn't clean cut piles as "deep" as a slot or unglided wand either.

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

2" X 14" Greenhorn with a hybrid glide running at 600 psi with 2.5 inch into 2" setup at 190 degrees

wet pass up wet pass back
move over 1/2 a wand width
repeat for about 5 feet then
up down dry pass 1/2 wand width back to start point

TimP

I do 1 dry forward, 1 wet back, and 2 dry passes. then move over anc over lap 2-3 inches.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
green glides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give them a call tomorrow, the TI and prochem wands are the original wands that glides where first made for if I am not mistaken, you should always feel the carpet and make sure its not too wet, I do it all the time even though I haven't changed anything in my setup, I run a prochem quad jet wand, which is just the smaller version of the Ti wand, with a slot glide dry times are improved by about 20%, some claim even better with a hole glide.

breathe72

Cool. Thanx fellas.

What about jet extensions and angle placement?

Where to get them and how to change angle?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I only had one time a customer complained about a glide leaving the carpet too wet.

Had sold her a Greenglide and told her how her dry times would improve. Sure did for me when I was on the service side of the industry. She calls two days later and wants to send it back. Said it left the carpet soaked. After going over a few things I asked her if what her vac gauge was reading. Vac gauge? Where's that at? She's running a 4.8 CDS, oh and she didn't purchase it from me or she would of been properly trained. Finds the vac gauge and tell me that with it capped off at the machine she's pulling 9. 9!?

Yup it sure was the glide giving her the problems :lol:

After walking her through how to set her vac relief she tried it again and loves it!

I'd be curious to know if you had an actual Greenglide or a Ken Harris version. I found Kens to fit very sloppily, giving the glide too much airflow. The few customers that had purchased Ken's glides from me before Greenie came into the picture didn't like them all that well.

Greenie

Dollar to a donut the "cheap" entry level wand just has a simple fit issue.

A vacuum leak is a vacuum leak, a glide must fit snug and be the proper model for the wand it is fitted to.

Sounds like our key-chain logo, so it's fully guaranteed, good thing it hit the wall and not the trash can, when you call we'll get it worked out.

As for your Ti wand, you don't need to adjust the angle, just put the long version of the jet extensions on and go with a new 110º jet and you are home free.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
[quote="GreenieAs for your Ti wand, you don't need to adjust the angle, just put the long version of the jet extensions on and go with a new 110º jet and you are home free.[/quote]

Indeed. I bought a new Ti wand (unfortunately it was from Ken Harris but that's another story) and just put on a Greenglide with their jet xtenders and didn't alter the manifold angle from the factory. It (the rinse spray) hits the carpet without touching the glide. Less than one hour dry times. At the very least you need to feel the carpet after you're done and make sure it's not soaked. Something else was the culprit.

gmaupin

off subject but were can you find the 6 jet want i looked on pc's web sight and the only have a 4 jet and all the other places i look i find 5 jet help me out

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gmaupin said:
off subject but were can you find the 6 jet want i looked on pc's web sight and the only have a 4 jet and all the other places i look i find 5 jet help me out

I did a quick google search for you.

here's the first place that came up

http://www.michiganmaintenance.com/acce ... _wands.htm

the price of the 6 jet all Ti wand has gone thru the roof.
You used to be able to find them new for $7 to $800.
(couple/three years ago)
Today they're 11 hunnert.

The are a "forever" wand.
Heavy duty, but surprising light.
I've never weighed mine, but it feels lighter than our cheap AW 29 2 jet wands

PS, those prices are with out glide

..L.T.A.

R

R W

"The angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the meat......"

I use a Ti with a slotted G glide, and other than patterned berbers, it dries just nice.

Sumtin ain't right....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom