Glide ?'s

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Can a glide be taken off without damge,to remove gunk that is biult up inside.The littel tool that came with it,will not budge it.
Also,what sandpaper grit can I use to smooth out a few rough spots?
Patrick

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The best way, if you have to remove it, would be to soak it in warm water for a few minutes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Should be able to just pull it off. I've taken mine off a bunch with no problems.
It just clicks in there unless you have a different set up than I have seen.
My evo I have to slide on.

Rambo

Should have got Sliders Patrick, Changing glides is a snap, clean out is a snap. prying off glides is for wimps!

Farenheit251

What kind of wand makes a big difference. On the 14" cmp I change glides to suit the situation using a flathead screwdriver. The cmp has a good area for the glide to grab.

Dolly

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Your so Funny....... :shock:

Use an Awl to poke through the holes again.........I have never had a problem
getting the glide off.......

You can use a fine grit sandpaper...........

TimP

The CMP glide is easy. With a screwdriver it takes all of 30 seconds if that.

Some wands can be more difficuilt to get them off and on. Luckily I don't have a wand that is difficuilt.

Oh and mr Slide....I'd rather not have a metal track (which probably has to be removed too). I'd rather have teflon only.....as to have more teflon and less height off the carpet for less heat loss, and more usuable wear probably too. Even if there was a slide capable for the CMP wand I'd not leave my GG behind unless there was a significant increase in performance. And being able to change glides quicker isn't a significant increase to me. Cause I have yet to need to change a glide much at all.

Greenie also supplies a decloging tool with the hole glides.

G

TimP said:
The CMP glide is easy. With a screwdriver it takes all of 30 seconds if that.

Some wands can be more difficuilt to get them off and on. Luckily I don't have a wand that is difficuilt.

Oh and mr Slide....I'd rather not have a metal track (which probably has to be removed too). I'd rather have teflon only.....as to have more teflon and less height off the carpet for less heat loss, and more usuable wear probably too. Even if there was a slide capable for the CMP wand I'd not leave my GG behind unless there was a significant increase in performance. And being able to change glides quicker isn't a significant increase to me. Cause I have yet to need to change a glide much at all.

Greenie also supplies a decloging tool with the hole glides.

Well Tim, you just don't know all the facts!
Yes you will want to take off the link sometimes, takes about 15 sec. and is designed to be easly taken on and off.

Yes, you will have about 1/8 in. less teflon.
No, same height off the carpet as GLIDES.
And it's much more then just being able to change Glides. (It' being able to do many different things).
Here's what other people are saying. ( o, greenglides bought a set of my Sliders, and will be selling them when there lawsuit is over.)
Posted: 05/June/2008 at 3:20am
Quick Change Slider "Testimonials"
Kelly
Real Name in full :: Kelly McCloy
Cleaning equip brands you use.: Every Kind There Is
Equip Brands you make, or promote.: Masterblend, White Magic, Steamaction, Rotovac and more
City, Country: Murray city
Business Name:: Steamaction Supply
Years In Business:: 33 Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 am Post subject: QC Sliders :

Had the opportunity to try the QC Sliders. Pretty Impressive to say the least. They look good...they are easy to change....and they work. Adding a Slider to my reconditioned wands adds a ton of value...how do I know?
because the wands I used them on...sold, and Im sure that just they way they look installed....sold em. I look forward to buying more as my need arises, and I would advise any one looking into adding a "glide" to consider a QC Slider. Ive also heard they are lawyer free and legal to sell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mick Oz
24/May/2008 at 9:42pm
I have been using the slide for almost 2 weeks now.
I had been using glides, both green and ken's and was very happy with the results.
But, since i have started using the SLIDE full time, I am really impressed with the results.
I have noticed and even my customers have been ringing me to tell me how much dryer
the carpets are with the SLIDES. As we are coming into winter here, this is a winner for me.
If you have a Prochem quad jet wand laying around, get a set of SLIDES and see for yourself.
If you don't have a Prochem quad jet wand, do yourself a favour and buy one so you to can experience
the results achieved using these SLIDES.
The ease of being able to change your slide in a matter of seconds for each different flooring type makes the SLIDE a must have.
--------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 17/June/2008 at 9:47pm
I just did the flooring in an aged care facility which has Flotex.
I have done this floor several times before. Let me tell you i, as well as management of the facility are more than happy with the result using the Twin Vac SLIDE.
I am impressed with the angle of the vac holes. the first line seem to remove the water and the second line is removing even more moisture. This in turn left the floor a LOT dryer than when it was done using a glide.
Some areas were touch dry when i finished (even though the temp outside was around 5C and it was raining.

Mick
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John.
At the moment the SLIDES are only made for the Prochem Quad Jet Wand. I have found these SLIDES to be the best thing i have added to my tools of trade. They give you the ability to swap and change them as you confront new challenges at different job sites.
In my opinion, these SLIDES are so affective in taking your cleaning to the next level as well as reducing stress on your body, if you dont have a quad jet wand, purchase one so you can experience the SLIDE difference.
As i pointed out on the canadian board, if you purchase a quad jet wand, so you can use the SLIDES, its a one off purchase that will last you your entire cleaning career and its tax deductable.
In the time i have been using the SLIDES, they have performed even better than what i had imagined. They seem to leave the carpets dryer and the washboard gives you a SLIDE with agitation you have to experience to believe.
This system is most likely the best equipment purchase i have made for my Carpet Cleaning Business in ten years.
I do have a Prochem TI 6 jet wand in my van with a glide attached but since i have purchased the SLIDE i have used it only once and on that occassion i put it back and finished with the Quad jet and SLIDE.
Mick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Watson
Real Name in full :: E. John Watson
Cleaning equip brands you use.: HWE Bon Foam Sham Powdr VLM
Equip Brands you make, or promote.: USA
City, Country: Sedro Woolley
Business Name:: Claude's Clean Care
Years In Business:: Company-36 Myself-28 Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:08 pm Post subject: Plastic Wand Slides

Wow, Impressive,

Alan has donated a link and a slide of the winners choice to our CCINW meeting on April 8th and I got to see them. Another out of the box way of doing it. The different slides for different styles and types of carpet, easy to change. Would have loved to try them out to report back how the worked compared to glides and Lips, but I will have to win them first.

only draw back I see is they only fit PC Quad wand, More links to follow I think Alan said.

Sure Glad Jimbo and Muteress ain't in on these drawings, This way I got a chance..

OH Yeah We also have Green Glides, A Bentley wand, a set of Lips, and a Studebaker Airpath as door prizes

Like I said "Sure glad Jimbo and Chris ain't got no tickets in them there drawings"

Cheers, AL

lance

I wonder if any those testimonials had tried a regular glide first.

Prochem wands can be cut in order to slide the glide on and off. Very cool feature. Can other wands be done the same way?

RLitwin

I use the Blueline 14" wand. My glide has a loose fit, it just comes off and right back on without any tools. I avoided taking it off because I would stretch it. But, over time, it became very loose. Still works great, so I'm happy.

G

lance said:
I wonder if any those testimonials had tried a regular glide first.

Prochem wands can be cut in order to slide the glide on and off. Very cool feature. Can other wands be done the same way?

Lance, you must have missed this up above.

Mick Oz
24/May/2008 at 9:42pm
I have been using the slide for almost 2 weeks now.
I had been using glides, both green and ken's and was very happy with the results.
But, since i have started using the SLIDE full time, I am really impressed with the results.
I have noticed and even my customers have been ringing me to tell me how much dryer
the carpets are with the SLIDES. As we are coming into winter here, this is a winner for me.

TimP

1/8 inch of teflon lasts a long long time. and it takes about the same to change out a glide as your slide. Anyways not in a million years would I change my greenhorn for a quad jet to even try them out.....

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I never had a problem with gunk on my glide, occasionally some debris would be between the wand lips and the glide, in this case I would just lay my forearm across the opening of the glide with the vac hose on, then with the other hand I would slightly lift the glide from the wand this was always enough to suck what ever debris had been caught there, mine never was removed in over 2 years, honestly I don't see the benefit in being able to remove them.

Greenie

Pmatte said:
Can a glide be taken off without damge,to remove gunk that is biult up inside.The littel tool that came with it,will not budge it.
Also,what sandpaper grit can I use to smooth out a few rough spots?
Patrick

All glides can be removed without damage, most just need a flat head screwdriver (bigger is better as it's wider) and 10 seconds of patience, always start at one end, "generally" wedging the screwdriver between "bottom" of the steel lips and the glide, once you get one end to ease off, the rest will follow.

An aggressive grit like 80 or 120 can be used to smooth a gouge etc... or more commonly to help keep them round, then follow with some 220 to restore that like new smooth finish and clean them up, teflon sands pretty easily.

G

Im no sheep, I will test one,but know that I will give this board a true report on it. My profile is me,and you can let me know if you have one to fit my wand. Thanks

Kevin

PS-new innovations without schills is what were looking for. :lol:

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
THanks Greenie

Before you posted I had already removed and dislodged the gunk.This weekend I'll pick up the sandpaper and fix it up.
Patrick

T

The Magician

Greenie my glide is a permanet fixture on my T. wand. Its so tight it can't come off. I had to boil the glide in water to get it on.
Any one have a picture or price of a slider??

Greenie

lol
I must admit the Ti is very snug, but it will coax off, I must have popped 20 of them on and off, the key word is BIG flat head screwdriver, and patience.
Then take a look at the phototsheet that comes with every Ti glide instructions.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Magician said:
Greenie my glide is a permanet fixture on my T. wand. Its so tight it can't come off. I had to boil the glide in water to get it on.
Any one have a picture or price of a slider??

is your Ti notched, Jimmy?
I notched mine for ease of changing from one type glide to another.

if you want to see how the notch works and fits, come on over and i'll show you mine
Hell, bring your Ti over too.
we can notch it here if you want.
I'm just off I-76, exit 48

..L.T.A.

G

Kevin P said:
Im no sheep, I will test one,but know that I will give this board a true report on it. My profile is me,and you can let me know if you have one to fit my wand. Thanks

Kevin

PS-new innovations without schills is what were looking for. :lol:

Right now Kevin, there only for the Prochem Quad Jet Wand, do you have this wand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom