Glides for portables?

Lonny

Supportive Member
Is there any real advantage to cleaning with glides on a portable? The only thing I can think of is getting rid of chatter on a commercial pile carpet. Other than that....?
Thanks!

G

I use slotted glides I just bought some; I notice right away I had to slow down on pushing the wand. But didn't notice any difference other that ease of push; Never mattered to me; I kinda liked the vibrating feeling on my arms as I worked; kinda reminded me of the massage parlors in Thailand. :eek: :D :wink: :twisted:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief Ron. With your anal retentive vacuuming process, you really should be running a hole glide. The drying time reduction would make it worthwhile all by itself ... no matter WHAT size blower you run ... and the difference in ease of use is amazing.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i use a slotted green glide on my westpac wand. use truckforce 3500 porty. you wouldnt beleive the differance.

Greenie

Rickie, you managed to find a glide for your EDIC power wand?

Most porty guys use a hole glide for the reasons Marty listed, for some reason those same guys seem to be open to teh pre-vacuuming step more than the average TM guy.

Mr.V

my understanding is that glides increase cfm,,,,therefore IMO absolutely a good thing for a porty

i did a little test on a flight of stairs the other day using an un glided stair tool vs. a hole glide wand (both 1 1/2 tube)

the stairs using the glided wand were noticeably drier

Lonny

Supportive Member
Gotcha, seems unanimous in favor for. I was concerned about reducing effective lift from less seal between the wand and carpet. That being said how do I find my wonderful 2 jet generic(unknown) brand wand a glide?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
It's probably a AW29 which is interlink's part #. Probably a CMP two jet 1 1/2 wand

Most popular wand for portables.

Lonny

Supportive Member
A big thank-you to Greenie for his advice and time on the phone! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom