Glides - Where do we go from here?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I will tell you this, if glides are no more, I'll probably go low moisture. I'm pretty damn good at it too. Could backfire on chemLie.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Well, there is at least one company that is selling glides that are considered non-infringing, and if there is one, there can (and should) be others. It is possible to make a glide that does not cross the line. We may be limited in the shapes we can buy, but I don't think we will be glideless.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My buddy can make them but I would have to pay for my life supply on one run... They will always be made and available one way or another... Untill the phone goes dead at GG I won't worry about it.

Greenie

No need to make 2nd class products.

There a LOT of glides out in the world, different brands, makes and models, not including all the USED glides, I'd like to see anyone try and enforce the sale of used glides from cleaner to cleaner.

Fragmented industry can be your friend sometimes.

Mikey P

Administrator
The glide industry ought to take a cue from the replica gun industry. A gun is not a gun if it is made to be permanently in operational, such as plugging a barrel that is permanently affixed to the receiver.

A glide could be made in a manner such that the glide is made to fit the wand and the holes drilled 90% through. The glide is nothing more than an in-operational "movie prop" or lip guard wand trainer. You see, the glide holes purpose is to slightly ruffle the carpet so as to indicate proper wand pressure when training new employees on the proper "w" stroke. And if the end user removes the other 10% of each blind hole.....well that is something that is "not intended", nay frowned upon as that ruins the intended function. :eek:

In fact, each lip guard would come with a sternly worded letter that forbids the user from altering his lip guard-wand training device in a manner that would violate a known patent on a dissimilar device . :wink:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ever seen a "test tube" that replaces your catalytic converter? They're nicely made for something that is supposed to be used temporarily for "testing" purposes.

Greenie

"However, vegans - vegetarians who also avoid dairy products - scored significantly lower, averaging an IQ score of 95 at the age of 10."

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey P said:
A glide could be made in a manner such that the glide is made to fit the wand and the holes drilled 90% through. The glide is nothing more than an in-operational "movie prop" or lip guard wand trainer. You see, the glide holes purpose is to slightly ruffle the carpet so as to indicate proper wand pressure when training new employees on the proper "w" stroke. And if the end user removes the other 10% of each blind hole.....well that is something that is "not intended", nay frowned upon as that ruins the intended function. :eek:

In fact, each lip guard would come with a sternly worded letter that forbids the user from altering his lip guard-wand training device in a manner that would violate a known patent on a dissimilar device . :wink:

Reminds me of back in the 1970's when I was working at a Radio Shack and C.B. radios were the big thing. CB's couldn't have a signal stronger than a certain number of watts, according to the FCC regulations. As a result, they didn't have a very long range in every day use. But some people adapted ham radio amplifiers to them, which was illegal.

We sold "Black Cat" linear amplifiers, that came with a list of instructions included about "What not to do, to convert this to citizen's band use.".

Do NOT cut jumper "A" and reroute the wire to position "2", etc.

It was pretty funny to sell them to people who we knew were big into C.B. radio, and pretend we had no idea what they were doing with them.

Greenie

It is true, GreenGlides CO. was never sued.

Only Greenie and Lisa were....it's where the dumbass HRI lawyers screwed up...and why we're still here 5 years later.

GreenGlides being sold to a new owner changes things for you guys, and distributors.

Name
Nate W.
Duane Oxley said:
Reminds me of back in the 1970's when I was working at a Radio Shack and C.B. radios were the big thing. CB's couldn't have a signal stronger than a certain number of watts, according to the FCC regulations. As a result, they didn't have a very long range in every day use. But some people adapted ham radio amplifiers to them, which was illegal.

We sold "Black Cat" linear amplifiers, that came with a list of instructions included about "What not to do, to convert this to citizen's band use.".

Do NOT cut jumper "A" and reroute the wire to position "2", etc.

It was pretty funny to sell them to people who we knew were big into C.B. radio, and pretend we had no idea what they were doing with them.

CB is still alive and well here. I personally don't get it, but more power to them... I guess most is just stuck in the 70's and 80's... :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you guys should have made yourselfs a lot more difficult to serve papers to. it is surprising HRI didn't also name GG as well in the suit.

R

Rafa L

so who gets sued if a company is not incorporated?

Answer _____________________________________.

DOB

All is news to me. I leave the forums for 18 months and mind my biz.. and come back and all hell' has hit the fan. If there weren't glides or cuffs.. i'd quit- plain and simple. I could survive without cuffs.. wouldnt want to .. but NO WAY could i or would i clean glideless.

Greenie

Raf, Caes and Dobs in the same post......what is this, the Blue Board?

Welcome back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom