glides

campusman1

i have never used any kind of glide on my steamway wand i thought when the wand stuck to the floor you were getting full vacum but i read that your not can some one explain it to me . and if your wand doesnt stick to the floor when using a glide and it easier to push do you have to slow down using it,i read that guys say its faster is it really getting more water out of the carpet, and if its better who do you buy the glide from is it greenie or that other guy who has the better glide or super glide kenn thanks. campus

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
To me, the major factor in the faster drying phenomenon is that you can leave the wand on the floor at all times, that is, on your forward stroke you can make your dry pass on all carpets, instead of having to lift the wand. Indeed, the faster you move the wand while making dry passes the more water you will pull out over a large area.

Scott Rogers

If the wand is locking down you are not getting enough air through the lips of the wand.

Hole glides and Hy-bred glides actually increase air velocity as the pass through the glide.

Ken is a crook,he has a repeated history of poor customer service.

Greenie's glides work great and his customer service is very good.

With glides you will need to add agitation as you will loose much of that with the glides. and pre vacuuming is also more important as debri will not go through the holes in a hole or hy-bred glide. You can use a slot glide if you dont have to vacuum.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I agree, and then somewhat disagree with Scott. He is correct in his assertion that a glided wand loses a bit of agitation, and the rational conclusion to draw from that is that agitation would then be necessary to add to the cleaning effort to make a success out of cleaning with a glided wand. However, remember that agitation of only one element of the cleaning pie.

For me, good chemical usage helps me avoid the use of any extra agitation on almost all of my jobs, even the rat nasties. For others, it may be high heat TM's.

harryhides

Name
Tony
As far as agitation goes the diff between Glided and unglided is minimal - if you need agitation use a Rake or a rotary.

breathe72

Scott,

I went to a Glide about 2 months ago.

My life as a cleaner has changed dramatically. No BS.

Call Greenie (Jeff). He will set you up with what you need and can break down the technical reasons for the quicker dry-times achieved with a glide.

I was skeptical because we already had tried a Glide, and got lousy results. Turns out, in our ignorance, We were not using the proper Glide OR the right wand.

I called Greenie and we talked for 45 minutes, in which he offered to do a free exchange; he sent us the proper glide, with the understanding that we would send the old one back.

He also gave me some tips, based on the brand and model TM I run, that basically amounted to tweaking this or that & helped overall performance.

The new Glide came 2 days later, complete with instructions.

All I can say is I wish I could have found this stuff out 2 years ago.

Again, I say my life as a cleaner changed, because of this piece of plastic.

I get both embarrassed and resentful that I have cleaned over 1000 residential jobs without a Glide.

Makes me feel like we weren't giving the best cleaning.

I will agree with marty, on the agitation. Its not as big of a deal as you might think. Higher heat and a stiff batch of prespray can pick up the slack sometimes.

The carpets got so dry, so quick last week that we went back to groom the 1st room in a 7 room residential, and the carpet was dry to the touch.

Scott you just have to make the leap and do this.

G

I use Greenies glide on my 18" butler wand. A great addition. First the glide greatly reduce or eliminate chopping over certain carpets. That alone is worth the price. Because your reducing the inlet slot volume you are increasing the speed of the airflow through the holes there for decreasing your drying times. The more water you pull the more soil you pull within the extracted water. As far as agitation goes you have the sharp edges from the holes/slots to rub against the fibers as opposed to the rounded edge on the metal wand lip. You do need to vac first, but that's part of IICRC standard anyway.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WHO would lift a wand at ANY time...wanding is a FULL contact sport....

are we still in Kansas....

Scott Rogers

Nope

But I do know Chris's (breathe72) post is not completely true. " I called Greenie and we talked for 45 minutes" Nobody can get off the phone with Greenie that fast. LOL

Name
Eric Valentine
I spent over 6 hours talking to Les Jones one evening. That conversation covered subjects from cell phones, guns, marketing, TM's, politics, popcorn, scuba diving, and about 34 other topics. Harry Hides (Tony) joined in for a bit on the conversation too, along with Bob Foster and one of Les' friends.

:p

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The holed and hybrid glides work best. It makes pushing a 2" wand extremely easy. That alone makes them worth the purchase.

The increase in air velocity at the holes picks up more moisture than just the wand slot. When the wand locks down there is lots of vacuum and no airflow. The glide keeps the wand off the carpet enough to allow plenty of airflow, thus extracting the water.

I still push my wand at a conservative speed. I don't push it that fast. But it is much easier to push.

AS for who to buy from, let me put it this way. If you send money to Greenie you will get your product. If you send money to Ken, you will get a lot of promises that its in the mail.

Ken was put to the test on the Kleenquip board. Some guy posted that he still hadn't received his glide, after waiting for almost a month. Ken said he shipped it. If it arrived then Ken was telling the truth, if it didn't Ken was lying. The guy posted that he never received it. He DID however, order one from Greenie and received it within a week. I've never dealt with or met Ken but his actions tell me he isn't someone I would trust.
You decide.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
greenie hooked me up with a glide, saves lots of time and extra effort. i called him and i told him i wanted one i had it in 4 days and i live on the east coast.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Scott
I too have used the Steam Way wand and took the glide talk with a grain of salt. But having used the green glides for a couple years or so, I can't go back to cleaning without a glide. Though the carpet will not be fluffed up as much as no glide will do, you will learn to live with that. And you will love it on olefin.

Loren

John Watson

I had the Quad jet, put on a pair of lips and thought I had slip slided my way into Nirvana. Mar of 07 got my first glide. Wowy Zowey I was advanced to another level of carpet cleaners Heaven. November I got my pimped out greenhorn, Brothers and Sisters, I now know I reached the 3rd and top level of Carpet Cleaners Heaven as far as wands go. Now I am just tweakin back up the hose..

And I close in the name of Green Glides.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Quote:
Though the carpet will not be fluffed up as much as no glide will do

Speak for yourself 45 blower boy. That choked down 1 1/2 wand ain't helping the fluffin either.

Well Mike, I'll bet my Powermatic with an unglided Steam Way wand will do more fluffin than your Vortex with a hole glided Ti wand, though it will somewhat depend on the type of carpet.

Of course I could use my 45 with my Greenhorn and no glide if you prefer. :)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'd like to see the look on yous guys faces pushing forward an unglided Ti wand for any length of time. And I'm talking minutes, not hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom