glides

kevinj61

So what's the real deal with "glides" on your wand, have never used them currently have an aw29 "S" bend wand without glides of course-adco pro has glides for this wand but they are $165.00 is it worth it to have them-do they really make that much of a difference to justify $165.00 will they increase or decrease water lift or cfm's this is what i need to know thanks

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
just do it...get them from truckmount girl aka lisa.....

dont ask just do it, and then you can thank us later

Rick4Life

I got mine for $45.. new! I don't know the difference between using one and not using one.. however it's very easy on the back.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
There is currently a worldwide shortage of Teflon. One of the base chemicals used to manufacture the Teflon resin is now nearly unobtainable. Teflon resin has recently gone from $6/lb. to $43/lb. with no end in sight. Obtaining quality Teflon rod has been very difficult for the last year and soon will become nearly impossible. The best manufacturer, located in Italy, is currently completely out of Teflon resin and does not expect to receive any for at least 6 months and has told it's customers Teflon won't be leaving Italy until December at the soonest.

Teflon extruded in the US and China has issues with the extrusion/annealing process and quality is very inconsistent. Recycled Teflon doesn't burnish or wear as well.

The Teflon market is crashing...not just glides, but all products using Teflon. Look for prices to rise and backorders to be long for good product.

If you love those $45 glides, better go get 10 of them.

Take care,
Lisa

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
awwww shit....now what???

Is mytees "teflon" or something else?

Name
jack zerkie
Glides fo ever won,t clean without them. Today had 3 jobs total ares just over 12K, couldnt do without the glides, no helper and i just turned 69 and love carpet cleaning.Try one and youll never look back. jz

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kevinj61 said:
So what's the real deal with "glides" on your wand, have never used them currently have an aw29 "S" bend wand without glides of course-adco pro has glides for this wand but they are $165.00 is it worth it to have them-do they really make that much of a difference to justify $165.00 will they increase or decrease water lift or cfm's this is what i need to know thanks

They make wanding easier
that's their greatest virtue

They don't clean as deep on cut piles though, and dry times claims are down right silly .
cause there's little to no difference with or w/o glide .... ''WITH THE EXCEPTION" of some tight low loop pile carpet where wand "lock down" effects airflow.
In that case, they do benefit dry times due to their increased surface area helping to prevent lock down

The reasons for claimed better dry times are likely several.

They cranked up the HG lift on their TM when they put on the glide
(and/or did other performance enhancement mods)

Their HG was too high to begin with and suffered lock down

For the first time in their life, they weren't too lazy to add dry strokes

they've never done any side by side comparisons

I'll guarantee 96.78% of the dudes that claim better dry times never did any same day, same room, same wand and TM comparisons to complete dry....or they'd know better

an AW29 is an easy wand to push, some of the better wands are hard or near impossible to push.
Glides shine on those wands due to the decreased operator fatigue.
That's why we use them.

When we ran AW29's, I tried glides and removed them after a few weeks .
On some carpets, they actually INCREASED dry times.
In particular on multi level loop piles carpets

do YOU need a glide?
I don't know, I can tell you they DO make wanding MUCH easier

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I push my ti wand glideless most of the time, but had a 10k square foot hallway job today and it def. Made things easier.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
JACK ZERKIE said:
Today had 3 jobs total ares just over 12K, couldnt do without the glides, no helper. jz

How exactly did you manage 12,000 sf in one day with 3 separate setups and breakdowns and no helper?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Goomer said:
JACK ZERKIE said:
Today had 3 jobs total ares just over 12K, couldnt do without the glides, no helper. jz

How exactly did you manage 12,000 sf in one day with 3 separate setups and breakdowns and no helper?
You could do that in a day too . . .

if you had a Dynachem TM !

Of course, Jack STAYS in good shape.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:

Larry

and a badass to boot!!!

Jack as shared how old he is
I think we should call him Jack LaLane

Cause 12K in a day by a young man is "thowin' down" .....four-shore

..L.T.A.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Seriously, those are some serious numbers.
Even figuring a 12 hour day, how much time to travel between 3 places and 3 setups and 3 breakdowns, maybe 3 hours off the top?
So maybee 9 hours left to wand?
That's over 1300 sf per hour wanding?

Obviously your endurance is impressive, but what's your wand/key stroke like?

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
Larry Cobb said:

Larry

and a badass to boot!!!

Jack as shared how old he is
I think we should call him Jack LaLane

Cause 12K in a day by a young man is "thowin' down" .....four-shore

..L.T.A.

No shit, my shoulder was howlin last night after 10, and with a glide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom