Global Warming Killed My 3HT

ascrubabove

No work for a week, had the heater plugged in, same heater that has kept it warm for the last 2 winters, she has never sat that long in the cold, checked it this morning and she busted near the top, called and rescheduled the next 2 days, core is at the welding shop now, gotta call in the morning to see if he could fix it. Not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers!!!

Name
I'm Rick James
Sorry to hear that, I had that happen a few years ago and ended up buying a new heater from Greenie because of where the damage was done on my coil. I use a radiator heater for my TM now because it does a great job at heating the inside. Got down to ten degrees a week or so ago and got through it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that sucks big time, James
sorry to hear.

hopefully nothing else popped or got stressed enough to let loose in the next few weeks/months

get some thermometers in the van so you can monitor temps
cheap and easy insurance so it doesn't happen again.

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sometimes its better to buy new...

and fook that copper crap...get a sch 80 or stainless

Name
Nate W.
Sucks about your heater... I blew a coil or 2 myself, but we have no snow here (thank God!)

floorguy said:
sometimes its better to buy new...

and fook that copper crap...get a sch 80 or stainless

Was it dgarner who sold his fuel burner he bought from Duane? He said it's too much maintenance and was going to a LG heater. My LG #3ht have lasted over 18years and still going. 1 is atleast. My friend who works for Trane A/C tech repaired holes in my coil for me. 1 is on it's last leg. The only thing I don't like about my #3ht is it can only handle up to 500 or 600psi. :cry:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea well also whats cold for you??? 60 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

soooo stfu...

heheheh love ya nate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Like said above.
Go to a heating and air place for the repair.

They silver solder all the time.
The radiator shops usually don't have a clue.

I had my last repair at the community college where they teach heating and air.

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
yea well also whats cold for you??? 60 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

soooo stfu...

:lol:
its been storming lately. 55-60 is indeed cold. :p Dont hate cause it's warm here. I don't why you guys put yourselves though cold hell. Slow learner if you ask me......... :lol:
heheheh love ya nate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

T

The Magician

If you can't ge it repaired check out Larry Cobb for the coils. He has them

ascrubabove

Got it back the next morning, The repair was not pretty but worked, $20.00 was a nice price though, put it all back togather and ran it through the paces, then cleaned 1800 ft of white burber, got my first experiance with the "Black Death", helper came and told me he was pre-spraying and shot black allover the closet carpet! Got it cleaned up and all went well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ascrubabove said:
got my first experiance with the "Black Death", helper came and told me he was pre-spraying and shot black allover the closet carpet!

sounds like your solution line froze and got stressed.
If it was "me", I'd buy new, cause I wouldn't trust it....it's a time bomb and could burst at any time

clean the strainer on your sprayer too.
it's likely full of black gUnk now

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From my experience black death comes from the constant stress near the fitting at the wand that results in damage to the wire core.

I always have the last foot or so of neptune hose removed and new fitting installed every 6 mo or so at the hose shop.

Name
Eric Valentine
I have now joined the club for frozen LG heaters. Just have to take the coil out and see what it will cost to fix. thathurts

Name
I'm Rick James
Eric Valentine said:
I have now joined the club for frozen LG heaters. Just have to take the coil out and see what it will cost to fix. thathurts

Do you have a 3 or 4 HT heater?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Be careful having old hoses cut and re-crimped. The inside wears away with the water flow and a new crimp won't hold as well.

Name
I'm Rick James
KevinL said:
Be careful having old hoses cut and re-crimped. The inside wears away with the water flow and a new crimp won't hold as well.

Steam line is cheap enough to replace it ever 2-3 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom