Glue on new bamboo floor

Mikey P

Administrator
The installer (my best retailer) got glue all over a freshly laid staircase and in just enough other spots that the home owner wants all 3100 (now furnished :hopeless:) feet rid of the glue and haze she THINKS she see from the installers failed cleaning attempt.

they used WD40 first wiht no luck than the solvent in the photo (Bostik's Best Adhesive Remover) to get some off but when the cleaned the solvent off (all by hand) whit Bona neutral cleaner followed by Basic IFT (Intensive Floor Treatment Aggressive Wood Floor Cleaner followed by Basic Squeaky rinse. All of which left a slight hazy less than new look.

I'm testing a spare slat right now to see just how long I can leave the Bostik Solvent on with out messing up the finish. Tomorrow Ill test some glue I applied today.

Any ideas or suggestions?

ff97ca2f-b1e4-47a8-8e99-fadb530352f9_zps06ae9bf5.jpg

20130301_175412_zps923dd55d.jpg

Lefty724

Name
E
So was chemrex what was used for glue? I have cleaned a fair share of glue off of floors and always used good ole charcoal lighter fluid.

Once the glue is dry though, I like to use a plastic putty knife to get most of the glue off first.

The lighter fluid as well as any solvent will leave a haze on any wood floor. Once dry you can run a dry towel or run one of Bona floor bonnets to take off the haze....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
I have to product, Im more interested in ideas of how to efficiently go about cleaning up 3100 feet of furnished and not leaving a trace of haze

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Bio-Solv leaves no residue... how you do 3100 sq ft is up to you. I can't imagine how you can "mechanically" with chem, remove it, safely... sorry... wish I was more help...

Lefty724

Name
E
Ya Chemrex is no joke.

We will use chemrex to hold down tack strip on concrete when nails wont do the trick.

If you can get to it when its still wet, its not bad. Once dry you pretty much have to scrape it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Lighter fluid didn't do squat.
Only the plastic putty knife was able to get some of this two day old glue off my test pieces. The wood finish came off with the glue just like the concrete in Marty's video.

Back
Top Bottom