GMC Vans....Diesel

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Anybody here running any GMC diesel vans? I was going to look at one for sell here in my area with a SW TM installed. I'm kinda leary about buying a diesel from a company that doesn't regularly deal in diesel vans....they are vastly a gas vehicle producing company, unlike the trucks used in Vortexes, which specialize in diesel power.

Look....or run?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Imagine putting a Cleanco in a diesel GMC van. 5 years later the van would be worn out, but the engine and the Cleanco would be good for another 10 years, or so.

Jimbo

Hey RW...you helped me get my 06 Chevy Diesel with a 'Friends and Family' discount coupon....Thanks Again! Come on down to Mikephirefest and I'll buy you a beverage or two!

The Duramax Diesel 6.6 liter LLY is VERY powerful...(I actually bought a good radar machine to remind me to watch my speed after getting the 06...the thing would just fly along at 85 or so without even knowing it!)...huge amount of torque...and gets really good mileage...(Except when you do this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtC7SdBMIgg)My van weighs in at just over 8k lbs with Everest and equipment...and gets between 21 and 22 mpg...even towing a fair sized boat...over the mountains.http://www.gm.com/experience/technology ... engine.jsp

One small drawback is having to have a fuel cell to hold the gas for the truckmount...but remember Summit sells them.

I am co0nsidering moving the 4x4 gear from this van over to the 06:

DSC01204-1.jpg

I'd say by all means check it out if it is a newer unit...If it is an older van...(Pre Duramax Diesel)...I might pass.

ps The Duramax drivetrain has a 100k mile warranty from the factory.

Chris A

Name
Chris
The 6.6 that Jimbo is referring to is an excellent engine, the pre-Duramax 6.5 however, is a boat anchor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom