Go figure

dgargan

I sat down New's years day to run my numbers for the last quarter. I beat last years numbers by $10,000 in the same quarter. I was actually suprised. I didn 't think the numbers were up that much. The best advice I recieved came from Ellen Rohr. Back when the economy really strated to tank in Aug. she said "now is the time to market heavy. Everyone else is pulling in the reigns and spending less on marketing. Market now with everything you got because you'll be the only one out there" she was right. It paid off in a big way. You may know Ellen from her ICS articles and she's worth looking into for business coaching. Another thing she said was to stop blaming the ecomony for the lack of business. You and only you have control over what happens to your business. She was right.

Along the way we picked up the 2 biggest carpet retail stores in town as referral sources and several large commerical accounts that are quarterly cleanings.

One last tip from Eller Rohr that paid off big time. Look for other companies to buy them out. If they are solid buy them but on your terms. We did that with one company and the other part of her strategy was look for companies that went under in this bad ecomony and aquire their phone number. We did that as well. For under $20 a month you can get the number forwarded to yours. This was the best return on any marketing I've ever done. We get several hundred dollars a month from this idea.

I wish everyone here a very Happy New Year much success.

I'm looking forward to 2009

dgargan

Fun Steve? Not sure what you mean. I just wanted to let people know that they can choose the outcome of their business no matter where they live or how bad the media says things are. I have failed at more marketing attempts then most. Finally was humble enough to listen to others and use what made sence to me and my business. I'd thought I'd pass on what worked for me. Is something "fun" about that?

Cameron1

Hey, I with ya all the way David. It won't be long though before the board police show up to rip you a new one.

That's what I was referring to.

hogjowl

Idiot™
David:

Man, I'm glad to hear this is working out for you so well. There is nothing wrong with seeking coaching. To tell you the truth, if I could come up with the money, I would do just what you and Steve Cracker are doing. I need the help, and am willing to seek it, but man ... where you guys come up with the money to get it is beyond me.

Great to hear David. We had are best year cleaning this year. Now if only I had been screwed over by Bridgepoint and taught a lesson my year would be complete.

G

I'm with Marty.
But I'm going to give it my best shot. I also am looking forward to this year!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Chris Muetterties said:
Great to hear David. We had are best year cleaning this year. Now if only I had been screwed over by Bridgepoint and taught a lesson my year would be complete.

Best year by far for me, and my year is complete! ENVIOUS ALL YOU GUYS!! I know.. :roll: I could teach you a lesson next year Chris if you really want one. I have this mailer idea and it's going to be GREAT!!!! I'll just need $1,000 now and I'll whip it up by spring...No refunds!!

Ernie G

We have been in busn. almost 34yrs. and a'm still learning, thanks for the info.-we are holding are own, but this is a tough economy, need all the tips we can get. We are just trying to pay attention to all the details, and give the best service out there.

Cameron1

Chris Muetterties said:

Be careful what you wish for.

dgargan

No Terry. First you can hear her Free online seminars she has a few times a month.(www.barebonesbiz.com) Heck just reading her articles in ICS can make you money if you implement the info. Lots of good info there. Then, if you want more you can take what she calls "the challange." It takes you through a business plan developement program with heavy emphasis on your fianicials. Knowing where your money goes, how to budget, how to read a balance sheet and so on. When you really know your numbers you can start to grow.Or in my case I was growing but wasn't proffitable. This taught me how to make my bottom line better. For $1000 it is the best deal out there besides SFS.

You can also do more one on one coaching that gets more pricey.

Marty, "where do we get the money for these programs?" Use what they tell you to do and really put it into action and it pays for itself plus more. Heck her "free idea" on one of her monthly webinars told me how to get the phone numbers of carpet cleaning business's going out of business or that already went belly up. The money I made from that more then paid for the entire program I signed up for in the first month. This is the second time I mentioned this idea on the board...how many will actually go out and do this? few if any is my guess. It's easier to stay where you are put down Joe P. Howard, Dave Y. and the others who have good info. They all have something to offer. You don't have to like them or everything they sell. take what works for you. The hard part is just putting what you learned into action.

steve said:
Chris Muetterties said:

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sure Steve that if I leave it to the "Pro's" it might just come true.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Porkchop, here is some info that may help you.
We use the Kansas Small Business Development Center and get FREE coaching.

Our rep comes in once a month and we talk about what ever you need help with, from financial to marketing, research.

They are not going to replace someone like Scooter or Violand but it's a step, and it only costs your time.

Check them out:

http://www.asbdc.org/aboutus.htm

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
That is fantastic. So what kind of marketing did you do to increase your sales? Mailers, val-pak, doorhangers, letters, in-person cold calls to biz? I would like to hear more details about your success, David.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks, Taco ... will they come to me from Kansas?

David:
I will forget who she is, but I will remember to call you when I need to get in touch with her. Seriously, I need to step it up, and I trust what you tell me.

If it's not about electric TM's, that is. LOL!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They might, especially when they hear that you're so incompetent that you can't click the link to Alabama's Small Business Development Center. :roll:

Cameron1

dgargan said:
No Terry. First you can hear her Free online seminars she has a few times a month.(http://www.barebonesbiz.com) Heck just reading her articles in ICS can make you money if you implement the info. Lots of good info there. Then, if you want more you can take what she calls "the challange." It takes you through a business plan developement program with heavy emphasis on your fianicials. Knowing where your money goes, how to budget, how to read a balance sheet and so on. When you really know your numbers you can start to grow.Or in my case I was growing but wasn't proffitable. This taught me how to make my bottom line better. For $1000 it is the best deal out there besides SFS.

You can also do more one on one coaching that gets more pricey.

Marty, "where do we get the money for these programs?" Use what they tell you to do and really put it into action and it pays for itself plus more. Heck her "free idea" on one of her monthly webinars told me how to get the phone numbers of carpet cleaning business's going out of business or that already went belly up. The money I made from that more then paid for the entire program I signed up for in the first month. This is the second time I mentioned this idea on the board...how many will actually go out and do this? few if any is my guess. It's easier to stay where you are put down Joe P. Howard, Dave Y. and the others who have good info. They all have something to offer. You don't have to like them or everything they sell. take what works for you. The hard part is just putting what you learned into action.

Dang David, you just sumed up in a few words what I have been trying to say for years.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks for the post David. Hope 09 is better than ever for you.

About time for visit down here isn't it?

Happy New Year

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom