Going Green - Is it Possible?

Mike S

If you read my post on the Rotovac, you'll know I am researching the possibility of opening my own carpet cleaning business; however, I want to go totally green - is it possible? Are there any green products out there that are strong enough to give great results?

I had some suggestions already to use Code Green (CleanCraft), Planet Green Carpet Cleaner/Rinse (JonDon), Planet Guard Traffic Lane Cleaner (JonDon), BacOut (BioKleen), Citrus Soy Solvent (BioKleen) and Challenger Orbit.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The New Guy

Name
I'm Rick James
I hear this stuff is some of the best Green products.

http://truckmountdirect.com

Yes you can go green I feel it is going to big a huge chunk of the pie within the next 5 years or so.

Are you just gonna use green products?

Mike S

Thanks, I'll check the site out.

Yes, I'd like to go totally green and agree that the future of "green" cleaning is going to grow over the next few years.

Are you totally green? If so, any advice on products would be greatly welcomed. I just hope I can offer quality cleaning with such products.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yes I am all Green. The only way I am not green is I use gas in my van and slide in. Green cleaning is huge here, many on this BB think it is just a gimmick or a passing trend. Trashed Green Label, planet Guard works for me. BioKleen Bac out is great. Make sure you prevac, prescrub. Do check out Judson 02 mix.

:mrgreen:

Mike Draper

you could get one of those TM's like the flinstones had, your feet might get really sore though.

MarkE

Is the Judson O2 "Green"? I was just about to order some based on the good reports on the board here and it would be a big bonus if I could sell it as a green product.

timnelson

I think the biggest problem you will find is that "green" is somewhat subjective and sometimes very difficult to define.

Example: If green carpet cleaning causes you to use more agitation or maybe the carpet has to be cleaned more often, this could shorten the life of the product. Hence, more energy to keep clean and an earlier exit to the landfill. How green is this?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
The big question is always "will a green product clean a trashed carpet? That is not the correct question. Those people don't really want to be green.

Being green is a 2 way street. The enduser must understand that green is a bout a lot more than chemistry. They need to understand it starts with them. They must vacuum on a regular basis with a decent vacuum. They must understand the proper use of spotters. Their pets cannot use the carpet as a litter box. If they understand and will do these things then you can easily set them up with a green program.

The Planet Guard products add to the proposition by providing a DVD with all of your marjeting flyers/brochures etc.

Good luck on your endeavor and yes green is here to stay but it will continue to change over the next few years.

Mike S said:
Thanks, I'll check the site out.

Yes, I'd like to go totally green and agree that the future of "green" cleaning is going to grow over the next few years.

Are you totally green? If so, any advice on products would be greatly welcomed. I just hope I can offer quality cleaning with such products.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Bridgepoint Green Balance line of products has just complete a Green Seal audit. All of that line now are Green Seal approved. They also meeting US EPA Design for the Environment, Cleangredients and carry to CRI Seal of Approval for cleaning ability.

I have some copies of an interview with Dr. Micheal Beryy who wrote "Cleaning the Built Environment." He discusses what it really means to be green and why it is not something to rush into.

If anyone would like a copy, I will send you the CD when I get back from Connections. Just give me your mailing address.

Scott Warrington

Back
Top Bottom