Going Rate?

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Berber Carpet 4000 square feet. It is in a Billards place. Lots of foot traffic, but not like a restaurant more like a hotel. I was thinking .25 per square foot. What do you boys think?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
.10-.15 if you want the job. no way they are writing you a $1000.00 check.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Johns in nyc though right? Rates are probably a bt higher than other areas. I would probably be at $.15 unless I REALLY needed it that week, then maybe closer to ten

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Pool halls in the city stay open pretty late. What time would you be able to get in there? Probably take you and a helper 6-8 hours. Definitely an all-niter. I can see going around and under all those pool tables being a pain in the ass, but then again under them is probably pretty clean. 100 bucks to a helper, and I would look to pocket 5-6 hundred myself, so probably around 18 foot, and that's real cheap, but I would take it knowing everyone in the city is crying the blues and I wouldn't think a pool hall is ready to drop a grand on their carpets. I've been cruising at 20-25 cents commercial depending, and I am probably cheap, and I am aware of a couple of companies that won't go under 25 cents no matter how many sf you have, but I don't see a pool hall paying that much.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Goomer said:
Ken Snow said:
10-12 cents in Detroit & best time is early morning like 6am~ knocl it out in 2-3 hours and have dry by noon.

HWE?
How many SF per hour are you averaging?

looks like 1500 to 2000...

2 man crew BETTER be hitting around the 1000 sf pr hour mark...and do it RIGHT..or I'm putting a great big foot in someone's azz :twisted:

.L.T.A.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I did the estimate and I got the job. I dont have to move anything. I asked to see the recipt of the last carpet cleaner that they were using for the last 5 years once a year. It was ChemDry they charged her $2100. I told her I would pre scrub w a floor machine and then steam clean extract and remove some gum for $1600. I also told her if she signed a contract for 2 cleanings a year every six months I would do each one for $1050. She agreed to the two cleanings a year. What do you guys think?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
meAt said:
Goomer said:
Ken Snow said:
10-12 cents in Detroit & best time is early morning like 6am~ knocl it out in 2-3 hours and have dry by noon.

HWE?
How many SF per hour are you averaging?

looks like 1500 to 2000...

2 man crew BETTER be hitting around the 1000 sf pr hour mark...and do it RIGHT..or I'm putting a great big foot in someone's azz :twisted:

.L.T.A.

YUP

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sqft pricing isn't important....It's more of a measuring tool (pun). I would just have a look at the carpet and see how long it would take and how hard I would have to work IE: How dirty is it etc.

Then price it accordingly.

Good job on getting the job John. Looks like you got your price.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Jtuseo said:
I did the estimate and I got the job. I dont have to move anything. I asked to see the recipt of the last carpet cleaner that they were using for the last 5 years once a year. It was ChemDry they charged her $2100. I told her I would pre scrub w a floor machine and then steam clean extract and remove some gum for $1600. I also told her if she signed a contract for 2 cleanings a year every six months I would do each one for $1050. She agreed to the two cleanings a year. What do you guys think?

I think I want to move to New York. That's a $500.00 job in my part of the world. Good Job getting a writen contract.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
Jtuseo said:

I think I want to move to New York. That's a $500.00 job in my part of the world. Good Job getting a writen contract.

Measure you rent or mortgage payment...it's almost always relative.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
A double parking ticket is 115.00 here, pack'o smokes 12.00, vehicle insurance is 5 times whatever your paying, gas is currently 3.70 a gallon, I could go on and on........

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
gas is 3.75 a gallon here. I say always bid your price not somebody elses. I do very little commercial but i get a premium price for it.

gene

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'm filling up my box truck with cigarettes and driving to New York. I'll live in the truck to keep overhead down. I'll cut the locals necks and save up for my retirement home in Mexico or Detroit if I can’t afford Mexico.

Name
Jesse
I bid on a similar yesterday job, 3800sf. They informed me that the last company did it for $150 every 3 months :lol: . The owner and 2 of his employees would come in with a few portables.

CDRX

Being an o/o I am one of those that isn't really interested in commercial cleaning as it's after hours and weekends typically with filthy carpets, as a result I don't go under .25 cents per square foot and only do it during business hours. Sounds like you might be able to charge more though there in N.Y.

I'd be careful about overwetting if you prescrub the berber, you might have some wicking issues. It would be a bummer to get called back to reclean 4000 square feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom