Going to 2.5" hose from 2"

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I need to change my waste tank/vacuum port to 2.5" from dual 2". where do I get an adaptor?
will a "MacGyver" PVC connector work"

I'm making the change because we switched from a 5.9 blower to 5.6 blower and have lost some power.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
5.6 blower????
What size engine ?? Must be a butler??
5.6 is probably 550 cfm more than 90% of all truckmounts atleast in this area.

PowerClean DXT. Izuzu 4Le?? engine. remember we are comparing the loss of suction from a 5.9 to a 5.6.

I could tell you the truth.

But, you might as well learn it on your own.

Please share your thought marty.. the reason why I think the change 2.5 would be better is: We have a TM w #4 blower--(dual wand capable-- Yeah Right!) when we switched to 2.5 hose the suction became amazing..

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
Just buy a "Y". Two of the two inch on the truck side and single Two and a half on the other end.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Thanks everyone for your input. I've already ordered a 2x2x2.5 Y adaptor like Steve recommended. I might also look into changing the pulley on blower to one a little smaller.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I need to change my waste tank/vacuum port to 2.5" from dual 2". where do I get an adaptor?
will a "MacGyver" PVC connector work"

I'm making the change because we switched from a 5.9 blower to 5.6 blower and have lost some power.

1.....you need to follow your plan and change the tank to a single 2.5 inch hole .....a greenlee knock out and Joe has the perfect fitting for this....

2....you either need to set up a 2.5 inch port....or a filter box with a 2.5 inch port....or...lay a 2.5 inch hose from the waste tank to the edge of the van where you can connect to it.....

3....if you don't use a filter box....get a devastator filter with 2.5 inch openings at both ends.....

4...anything 150 feet and under...your not going to notice enough difference for it to really matter...pull out a small 2.5 whip..hook to devastator filter and then hook hose with a 2.5 to 2 inch reducer that you can order from mytee to other end of devastator filter or filter box/port....

IMG_5206_zpsth6t4kw6.jpg

5.....anything over 150 feet...hook as many 25 foot sections of 2.5 inch to your van set up that is needed...set devastator filter in place and then hook up the 2 inch with reducer to filter.....or..hook filter up by van then hook 2.5 inch sections to filter...then hook 2.5 to 2 inch hose with reducer....either way works...I like to keep my filter close to the van where it get the hardest pull.....

if you look real close I have my filter laying on the ground hooked up with 2.5 inch hose...then I have 2.5 inch hose hook to the other end and then it runs all the way to my 2 inch hose and connects.......

PC150262_zpsd17c6975.jpg

this one my filter is hooked with 2.5 to the van and then my 2.5 to 2 inch reducer is hooked to the other side of the filter....

PA020092_zps1004f096.jpg

this is the reducer.......

IMG_5202_zpsyrj2yaop.jpg

If you want to really open that machine up and give it better performance...more lift at the end of the tool and better dry times....
this is the way to do it.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So a short 2.5 out of the truck to the filter reduced to 2 on the other side will be that noticeable?

it would be if you are running 2 inch off the waste tank.....and you opened it up and ran a short 2.5 out of the truck to the filter reduced to 2 on the other side......but your better off with 2.5 on both sides of the filter and the reducer on the 2 inch hose........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom