Going To Be Scared This Spring

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I have fresh water tanks in both units but sometimes I need water at custies home's. I can't imagine how many outside faucets are going to to pop when we will be the first to turn on the water.

Golden Boy

Reactions: GCCLee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have fresh water tanks in both units but sometimes I need water at custies home's. I can't imagine how many outside faucets are going to to pop when we will be the first to turn on the water.

Golden Boy

'Doh, if they froze and split, the home owner will already know as soon as things thaw.
If a frost free valve and they left the hose on so it wasn't able to drain right (or improper install) you can determine right away if valve tube is split by the lack of back pressure
(just kink your garden hose as soon as you turn water on to be sure of back pressure)

..L.T.A.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Larry,

I have seen them split between the inside shut off valve and the outside faucet.

We learned the hard way to ALWAYS ask the customer if we can turn the outside water on if it is shut off in the house.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry,

I have seen them split between the inside shut off valve and the outside faucet.

YESSIR...the frost free type..the valve shut off gasket/washer is 12 to 16" from the outside.
if it didn't drain (generally cause someone left their garden hose hooked up thru the winter) it splits between gasket and outside.
They won't know if split til they use it..and they may not know then if it's running down thru the foundation block.

the smArt professional CC'er will know to check for back pressure , whether you ask the custy or not....cause they may not be aware there is a problem

We learned the hard way to ALWAYS ask the customer if we can turn the outside water on if it is shut off in the house.

absolutely...

..L.T.A.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That was the primary reason we began carrying our water. We don't touch it, we can't be accused of breaking it. :icon_neutral:

I try really hard to have my agua for the day. On occasion I have had to get me a squirt or two to finish a job though, always suks dragin out the hose and hunting for a hook up all for just 2' a water in da tank.

Once I was so Close, but it just wouldn't reach. Hoses and all attached I jus scooted the rig over a lil : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
210 gallons holy transmission nightmares!

I gotz 2 before da big blizzard tomorrow.
Tryin real hard not to het my Blizzard badge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom