Going to place an order for polo work shirts.

Becker

Name
Becker
Online source?
Brand?
Weight?

I have an embroiderer I use.

Or other type of work shirt?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
http://www.blankapparel.com/

So far quality vs. price has been unmatched compared to many other places we have used over the years.

Basic polos for as little as $5 a shirt at the lowest qty too - it gets lower the more you buy.
Premiums start at $9, performance polos start at $13

I bought blank hats for $2 each, and I was very skeptical, they were actually pretty darn good for $2

They ship quick, make returns easy, overall very happy with the co. and their products.

They are the retail division of a much larger co. that mainly sells to embroidery shops and retail stores - who mark them up, here you get them direct at cost basically.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
One big tip. Do not get an all cotton shirt. They will fade quickly. When I wore polo's I used a 50/50 cotton polyester blend I believe. They stayed looking good longer and were very comfortable.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've been kicking around the idea of updating our uniforms to a navy drifit coaches polo and tan pants.

P2370-NW-1.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Make sure you buy a "Dry Tech" type of shirt and wear it all day before you buy multiples and have them embroidered. They do dry quickly, but they can be clingy and feel creepy just like the old disco-era Qiana.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

You're right OZ I don't like the way the feel, but they look good and seem to hold their appearance better.

If I wore one I'd want a t-shirt underneath, kind defeats the purpose but it's more comfortable.

Name
Nate W.
Doc Holliday said:
LOL

You're right OZ I don't like the way the feel, but they look good and seem to hold their appearance better.

If I wore one I'd want a Wife beater underneath, kind defeats the purpose but it's more comfortable.

Fixed it for you, my Chicano friend... :lol:

Becker

Name
Becker
I have always bought Targets Polos on sale and just dropped them off for embroidering.

I think I will try the site Anthony recommended, and report back.

Gong to get a few hats done as well, and a new jacket.

Thanks for the tips.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
steve frasier said:
I like the Dri Fit shirst made by Port Authority

some of the other Dri Fit shirts have a static cling problem

Can you post a link of the shirts, can't find it on the site. I'm all for the drifit type of shirts, pants, etc. That's all I wear for work and gym.

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
steve frasier said:
I like the Dri Fit shirst made by Port Authority

some of the other Dri Fit shirts have a static cling problem

Can you post a link of the shirts, can't find it on the site. I'm all for the drifit type of shirts, pants, etc. That's all I wear for work and gym.

I think I'm doing it wrong wearing boxer briefs. I guess going commando is how you keep cool better? I'll keep this in mind.

Good thread Becker. I was also looking into getting a new uniform. But I like the look of a work shirt then polo. I wear polo shirts now. Still trying to find that perfect fit.

Becker

Name
Becker
I was looking at button up short sleeved work shorts.

But I will do Polos again..

This fall I will have a doz long sleeved button ups done.

Name
Nate W.
Becker said:
I was looking at button up short sleeved work shorts.

But I will do Polos again..

This fall I will have a doz long sleeved button ups done.

Yea, short sleeve is a must for me. I want the work shirts with the snap buttons instead on traditional slot buttons. We've rented uniforms before which had them, but not anymore.

randy

Name
Randy
Designer polos from Costco, Ralph Lauren or whatever for around $16 a shirt. Embroidery Me shops will put your company name on for $8-$12. You end up with a much higher quality shirt at lower cost. Many of these uniform shops are peddling fall apart shirts. Also consider the no Iron dress shirts at Costco for long sleeve shirts. Great to pull out of the dryer and not need to iron it. They hold up well.

Wearguard was great for years but they sold out and shipped manufacturing off shore. The shirts are now hit or miss quality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom