Name
rick Jones
Well, darn it . Had a good run.

But you got nuttin on this covid bug!!

marketing for sanitation!!!

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
How do you assure you are in compliance?
No, not me, it was meant more as sarcasm.
How dust mites were used in marketing carpet cleaning as scare tactic.
Now the covid bug(virus) .
Seeing a lot of marketing, now, and making claims.
Heard today. a sale pitch for a housekeeping franchise, targeting I think mainly businesses. first time hearing it. electrostatic spraying was in the pitch.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
No, not me, it was meant more as sarcasm.
Seeing a lot of marketing, now, and making claims.
Heard today. a sale pitch for a housekeeping franchise, targeting I think mainly businesses. first time hearing it. electrostatic spraying was in the pitch.
ME too, I'm also hearing about cleaners getting notices by DA's for offering the service. So I'm really interested in how to be compliant. I know Kimberly Clark is offering a class, but not sure if it's good for California.

I got a call yesterday from a CBD company that is selling a chemical that is on the EPA's N-list for Corona -19. I'm not sure what way to go.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Customers: we can’t find any disinfectant spray or chemical anywhere. Do, you have any we can buy, or find us some. 😡🤬 Partner actually took a case of Claires disinfectant to a customer who has shut us down😡

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Aerosol cans for a Sunday. Want to use volunteers in lieu of us.
I did a quote for band practice rooms last week $600

silence...but...we used a rug doctor last time

how long did it take you?

2 of us 2 days

maybe you should try the rug doctor again, you're probably starting to get the hang of it

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I
I did a quote for band practice rooms last week $600

silence...but...we used a rug doctor last time

how long did it take you?

2 of us 2 days

maybe you should try the rug doctor again, you're probably starting to get the hang of it
I had something similar but with area rugs. I quoted her $1 per sq ft. Gave her a deal since they were olefin. Anyway she balked at the price. The rugs are 10x14. I told her to just buy new ones. She said she was going to call around. About 20 mins later she called me back to clean them.

I’ve decided I’m no longer doing rugs on peoples floor. I’m trying to get this rug shop going and it will never happen if i keep doing them for $40 in a driveway. If they don’t like it, call someone else i guess. Even at $1 per sqft its profitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I
i had something similar but with area rugs. I quoted her $1 per sq ft. Gave her a deal since they were olefin. Anyway she balked at the price. The rugs are 10x14. I told her to just buy new ones. Sue said she was going to call around. About 20 mins later she called me back to clean them.

I’ve decided I’m no longer doing rugs on peoples floor. I’m trying to get this rug shop going and it will never happen if i keep doing them for $40 in a driveway. If they don’t like it, call someone else i guess. Even at $1 per sqft its profitable.
I'd probably like rugs more if I had a proper area instead of my drive.. got 3 to do over the weekend if the weathers good.
2 of them are oddball woollen noodle things, they look like they'll take forever to dry.. 😕

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I
I had something similar but with area rugs. I quoted her $1 per sq ft. Gave her a deal since they were olefin. Anyway she balked at the price. The rugs are 10x14. I told her to just buy new ones. She said she was going to call around. About 20 mins later she called me back to clean them.

You're not making enough at $1 per foot to be profitable. I am charging $2.50 per sqft plus pick up and delivery fees. I am still on the low side compared to most of my competition. Today, after my job I am delivering 1-7x10 nylon rug to a customer 5 minutes away from me for $250. It is an inexpensive heat set nylon. Probably cost less than $500 new. I recently cleaned a 10x14 olefin rug through one of my dry cleaning agents. He doubled my price to his customer. She paid without any issues which tells me my prices are still too low. I think a good profit add on for you, since you have the space in the shop is pad sales. You could stock rug pad on 12 ft. rolls and when the rug is dry, cut the pad to fit and place it on the rug and roll it up. I see some guys are charging $3-$5 per foot depending on the pad.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You're not making enough at $1 per foot to be profitable. I am charging $2.50 per sqft plus pick up and delivery fees. I am still on the low side compared to most of my competition. Today, after my job I am delivering 1-7x10 nylon rug to a customer 5 minutes away from me for $250. It is an inexpensive heat set nylon. Probably cost less than $500 new. I recently cleaned a 10x14 olefin rug through one of my dry cleaning agents. He doubled my price to his customer. She paid without any issues which tells me my prices are still too low. I think a good profit add on for you, since you have the space in the shop is pad sales. You could stock rug pad on 12 ft. rolls and when the rug is dry, cut the pad to fit and place it on the rug and roll it up. I see some guys are charging $3-$5 per foot depending on the pad.

Sure I am. $280 for two short fiber rugs. No biggie. I'm not normally $1 but she's a friend of my wife...... An annoying friend.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom