good day...

wpschoch

This morning, I woke up and started my day as normal. It wasn't until I looked out my window that I realized that there was a zerorez truck parked on the street right in front of my house. Most of us would find this to be disturbing. However, my mood quickly lightened when I saw a tow truck pull up to the zerorez vehicle. It was a christmas miracle. Zerorez broke down in my own front yard. Maybe today won't suck afterall.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Man, think about when your own vehicle goes down. It can ruin your whole day.....or week etc.

That poor guy isn't making any money. I wouldn't wish that on anyone...not that you did...but I wouldn't be happy for someone elses misfortunes either.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Maybe he and Jamie should get together :mrgreen:
Right from the beginning...
i've always been of the opinion that there are PLENTY of carpet out there.....and usually try to strike up a conversation with fellow CC's......
which is USUALLY returned with scorn and a hateful attitude.........and more than ONCE one of these...
3nb3k93oc5Q55Z25W0a8601435fa937d81d52.jpg

which shows ME their low esteem of themsefs AND their business!

It's funny how friendly they are when they want me to fix their machine tho............

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
bob vawter said:
[quote="Ken Snow":3e1e1iaf]Maybe he and Jamie should get together :mrgreen:
i've always been of the opinion that there are PLENTY of carpet out there.....and usually try to strike up a conversation with fellow CC's......
which is USUALLY returned with scorn and a hateful attitude.........which shows ME their low esteem of themsefs AND their business!

It's funny how friendly they are when they want me to fix their machine tho............[/quote:3e1e1iaf]

I agree- when I was on the road I use to wave (full hand not 1 finger) at other cleaners and have had lunch with quite a few. We also have about 50 that are regular rug cleaning customers and a bunch of others that refer their clients to us for rug or other specialty work they don't provide.

TimP

bob vawter said:
[quote="Ken Snow":2lyur2y2]Maybe he and Jamie should get together :mrgreen:
which is USUALLY returned with scorn and a hateful attitude.........which shows ME their low esteem of themsefs AND their business!

It's funny how friendly they are when they want me to fix their machine tho............[/quote:2lyur2y2]

I've always been the same way. Besides it's a free country and a capitalistic one. There is plenty of carpet out there like Bawb says, and if you can't keep customers or enough customers you need to find something else to do. Maybe your customers are telling you something, is what I say.

G

George V

curious, was it the 7 ton truck or the 3/4 ton van that needed towing?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey Ken...when i moved my operation up to Clarkston in 1980...i pulled into a gas station..
and the local "established" cleaner(whom you know)...had a big shit conniption...
over me moving into HIS town......
he made a scene right in downtown Clarkston!

I laughed at him...(which made it worse) and drove away!

wpschoch

Maybe the tongue in cheek attitude with which I wrote my post was missed judging by how quickly everyone went into mentor mode. Sorry to shoot one over some of your heads. Btw, I never said I had trouble keeping customers. Doing fine now, but thanks for the concern. I will try to write nothing that requires the reader to give me the benefit of the doubt from now on. :roll:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If only Jamie had thought of that.

Bob- PM me the cleaner in Clarkston's name- not sure I know of any local ones there. Then again I don't really pay much attn.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
wpschoch said:
Maybe the tongue in cheek attitude with which I wrote my post was missed judging by how quickly everyone went into mentor mode. Sorry to shoot one over some of your heads. Btw, I never said I had trouble keeping customers. Doing fine now, but thanks for the concern. I will try to write nothing that requires the reader to give me the benefit of the doubt from now on. :roll:

Billy..

don't let it bug you.... :idea:

Just ..LOOK..@ the 1st..poster.. :roll:

He is the KING of the "hIjAcKinG thReaD"..department... !gotcha!

POOR THING....he has to be iNvOlVeD... :oops: :oops: :oops:

"I think the post is FunnY..".....What are the ODDS... :!:

I didn't think your post was "wishing" misfortune on a competitor..!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
wpschoch said:

Billy..

don't let it bug you.... :idea:

Just ..LOOK..@ the 1st..poster.. :roll:

He is the KING of the "hIjAcKinG thReaD"..department... !gotcha!

POOR THING....he has to be iNvOlVeD... :oops: :oops: :oops:

"I think the post is FunnY..".....What are the ODDS... :!:

I didn't think your post was "wishing" misfortune on a competitor..!!!

You just hijacked a thread by calling me a thread hijacker.

Must I say it?

"Scott...you just don't get it do you?...You don't.

Yes, I know I just rehijacked a thread that you hijacked to call me a hijacker.
For the record, you were the fist to hijack me bud...so Nyahh!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wpschoch said:
Some of you are clearly more fun than others. Conversely, some are fun-suckers. :evil:

can you duel wand with your....El Diablo .............

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I chased down Randy Hyde one day when I seen his V going down the road, had never met Randy before that

talk to a couple of local cleaners who live around me that are good people

some seem to be more into local gossip, gets old when you go to the supply store

what are the odds that the truck would break down in front of another carpet cleaners house

wpschoch

jim m,

In theory you're supposed to be able to dual wand with an el diablo. There are a few youtube videos out there by masterblend talking about it's capabilities. I know another cleaner in my area who has one and he has done some dual wanding with his. To my knowledge, it went well for him. I've never tried it myself, but I can say that I loaned out my rig to a friend who was having repairs done on his. He has a blueline thermalwave like you. He said the el diablo outperformed his rig for heat and had plenty of suction thanks to the kunkle valve. I'll post my findings if I ever try it though.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I think its freaking hilarious considering the irony. You probably have your nicely labeled van in your driveway all the time for all of your neighbors to see and they don't even ask for an estimate, call in another company and the guy can't finish the job.

NOWW I'm NOT dancing on the misfortune of the carpet cleaner. He suffered on this end the most. But rather the neighbor who was inconvenienced because they were (in every case i've ran into in these circumstances) too snobby to get to know their neighbor.

We see it all the time. Its funny how ladies will believe the latest suggestion from a friend like its scientific law, but won't take the time to consider the local business or neighbor....

Unless... their is a bad review floating through the local gossip change.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Locally most of 0/0 won't talk to you even I'd you are friendly. They feel like you are going to steal "their jobs/work". I am only friends with maybe three local cleaners because of that mentality.

I have also seen guys stranded because mechanical issues and offer to help them at cost just to het them through but they won't let you near their account for fear of you stealing their work.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am friends with a lot of cleaners here.....if I see one broke down I always stop to see if they need help....hopefully one day when I am sitting along side the road somewhere they will do the same....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dealtimeman said:
Locally most of 0/0 won't talk to you even I'd you are friendly. They feel like you are going to steal "their jobs/work". I am only friends with maybe three local cleaners because of that mentality.

I have also seen guys stranded because mechanical issues and offer to help them at cost just to het them through but they won't let you near their account for fear of you stealing their work.

I'll have to stop by and say hi one of these days...I don't get out much but that's going to change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom