Good lord Nick, are you kidding with that wand?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
1.5 inch hose and a 1 jet wand? that does not want me to buy one of their machines... that wand is bane cleanish

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
someone needs to call him and tell him these vidoes are not going well for him. positive criticism is a good thing.[right:116wrdgy][/right:116wrdgy]

Name
R.J. Povio
We have used and use 1.5 inch single jet wands with 2 inch vac hose connected to them every day. They work great. If you know how to clean carpets...and more importantly have the proper high quality chems you can clean them better than people with dual wand machines with 2.5 inch hoses! Think I am full of shit?...We do it every day! We have cleaned the same trashed apartment after 2 other companies have cleaned the same carpet with our smaller TM's and "inferior single jet wands" and made the previously cleaned carpet look like the other 2 companies where never there! Thats not just me talking...that is the custy!

Mikey P

Administrator
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
We have used and use 1.5 inch single jet wands with 2 inch vac hose connected to them every day. They work great. If you know how to clean carpets...and more importantly have the proper high quality chems you can clean them better than people with dual wand machines with 2.5 inch hoses! Think I am full of shit?...We do it every day! We have cleaned the same trashed apartment after 2 other companies have cleaned the same carpet with our smaller TM's and "inferior single jet wands" and made the previously cleaned carpet look like the other 2 companies where never there! Thats not just me talking...that is the custy!

If YOU were to clean the same carpet with the same chems and truckmount but did one half with that POS wand and 1.5 hose and one half and the other half with a real set up, YOU would see and feel a big difference.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The 2" wand with the correct jets and shear mods may be a beast to use hour after hour, but it is far superior to a 1.5" wand, in every respect as far as the cleaning results.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWSsON-ozXom]

Does Mr Ed live in the back room?

What a joke!!! If he wants to advertise and promote anything, at least do it in a nice house or office and not some trashy little place like that. And find a solid color carpet to do the demonstration on- that type of junk carpet, you can't even see if it is getting clean.
Lose the jeans...get decent shoes. Definitely get rid of that shirt form 1994.

Wand prolly left a nice little puddle where he was just keying straight down at the end of the video.

Mike Draper

I wouldnt even consider using my wand to clean that carpet. RV360i all the way. If I had to use a wand I would scrub the shit out of it first. BTW, if I came in there after some hack with a wand and used the 360, you would not have that account anymore.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That wand without a glide has far more airflow than a 2 inch 14 wide glide airflow restricted wand.

Name
Lee Stockwell
MANDINGO said:
That wand without a glide has far more airflow than a 2 inch 14 wide glide airflow restricted wand.

Off the floor it does Jimmy. However it goes way down when locked onto the floor in comparison to a glided wand.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With his airflow restricting 1 1/2 inch hose he has a balance in his system to prevent lock down. VS an over kill of extreme suction using a 2 inch wand and the airflow being choked off trying to suck thru little holes at the head.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Looks like the two jets in the wand are about .01 each. It is easy to get the temperature up when you are just spitting instead of flushing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
MANDINGO said:
With his airflow restricting 1 1/2 inch hose he has a balance in his system to prevent lock down. VS an over kill of extreme suction using a 2 inch wand and the airflow being choked off trying to suck thru little holes at the head.

Missing some of the science behind a glide. Yes, the glide does restrict airflow but it accelerates the air through the holes making for better recovery.
Choking the airflow with a 1 1/2" hose and wand means some of the potential for water recovery has been lost. Running 2" all the way to the floor means there is maximum water recovery, the glide improves that recovery over an open slot.

Most likey that AW29 is running 2x 02jets. It would be really pathetic if he couldn't make that kind of steam with 04 flow.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
2 jet wand, it came with the first machine i owned 20 years ago. seemed to clean ok to me, my customers were happy and i built a nice client base using one.

gene

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
BS science with air going faster thru the holes.

Reverse science in explanation with water going thru a hose.
Put a garden sprinkler head on that hose and you tell me which sprays out more water.

The only purpose of a glide is to make it slide better on the carpet , NOT increase airflow.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
its the same as when I get better extraction from my pmf hand tool over my wand (before glides) All that airflow has to go through a smaller slot, faster air pulls in more water.
To use your water analogy, have no head on the hose and the water flows out 4-5ft, put the head on the hose and it sprays out 20 ft.
The air flow through the wand slot will be at a certain velocity, that velocity will draw the water in.
By increasing the speed of the air it will draw more water in. You could make the slot thinner, or use holes. They probably started using the traditional slots as it would pick up all the stuff they never vacuumed up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well i dunno....but lemme tell you this...

i was using the rx-20 the other day with hole glides....going along nice and all....get to a nasty area and i figure illt ake them off and let the shoes beat the carpet...(its older shoes with the little slots on the lips) anyway....

NON GLIDED LEFT THE CARPET MUCH WETTER.....

now explain that to me ?????

had to go back over that area and suck it up....

mind you the glides plug up ALOT of the slot on those shoes...yet it dries better???

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Jimmy said:
With his airflow restricting 1 1/2 inch hose he has a balance in his system to prevent lock down. VS an over kill of extreme suction using a 2 inch wand and the airflow being choked off trying to suck thru little holes at the head. BS science with air going faster thru the holes.

Jimmy -

Say what?

It's similar to a venturi effect.

It really works.

Ask Blake.

Jimbo

Speaking of wands....riddle me this...what do you think this was made for??

DSCN0092.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I never realized who he was but I bought a pile lifter, 3ht heater and a ton of other stuff from him in the past and I gotta tell you the [hone calls were hilarious

Back
Top Bottom