Good morning early risers!

Mikey P

Administrator
I see a few are already getting your fixes.

Whats new?

Got the pre-ride race mind that wont let me sleep..

Still raining here which is beyond great, not Beyond Clean, but just really needed.
Snow finally hit at my cabin with this storm, a whole 7 inches at 945o feet. We need another seven feet.

Anybody here spent time in Death Valley?

Jim you would love it. Like Mars only more bathrooms.

We'll be riding in the mountains around the valley. Snow has hit there too so things may get interesting..

Letip, pack, pick up my new orthodics and bail..

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
me and sleep have never been friends...coffee pot is set to start at 3 am and normally I am up around 3:30 or 4.....been this way for as long as I can remember....

this is my best part of the day....the rest the place is quite and it is peaceful........

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Up early.....as usual too.

But the wife has been sick past few days after last weeks little surgery procedure (another part of this past Summer surgery that came up) ....

So, I am surfing the MB and some YouTube....reliving some old music days that were inspired by the 33 ~ 2.0 thread.....

Gonna meet up with another carpet cleaner (Brent Norman) today about 1.5 hours away as we are cleaning a new move in home for friend of my son in law....

Big empty. Lot's of carpet to let everyone play with all the toys including the Zipper wand, show off some of the other goodies and some of the chems....

Looks like a great trip coming up Mikey....always love those kinds of trips that are too exciting to sleep! :)

Be safe....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My pups have been taking care of the misses and guarding her all week.

Our Schnoodle hasn't left her side all week.

Such a good pup....she loves my wife (and my wife loves that pup!)

Reactions: Dan

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, I can not believe Rotovac or Sapphire have not sent you an RE yet.

Amazed actually.

maybe their afraid Marty would take your word..

The Hoss is the one that peaks my interest, but I also thought the new XL did quite well the little bit of time I got to try it also in vegas.

Good machines in the RE playing field these days!

Mikey P

Administrator
You know, there are weeks (WEEKS) where we dont have (the key word here) to take the RE off the truck..

but lately it's been most every job that has need of super duper extra deep cleaning. The spring cleaners are gone and the Event Cleaners are just pigs this time of year.

I mentioned this to Ely yesterday. He said "yeah we could use the 175 but even then, half the time we still need to go over with the HOSS"..

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
just wand..

20141203_111029_zpsoapdfagt.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You know, there are weeks (WEEKS) where we dont have (the key word here) to take the RE off the truck..

but lately it's been most every job that has need of super duper extra deep cleaning. The spring cleaners are gone and the Event Cleaners are just pigs this time of year.

I mentioned this to Ely yesterday. He said "yeah we could use the 175 but even then, half the time we still need to go over with the HOSS"..

Had one yesterday an RE would have been nice, but up a terrible set of steps to get to it....and then looking at it, not sure any of it would have survived more than the CRB and wanding.

Carpets were moving like crazy under the wand and I was thinking the same....sure would love to give it a good old RE scrubbing.....cheap ugly wore out 1980's white poly.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Went to the Doctor Tuesday to have the knee looked at again....

Know you been fighting your ankle Mikey....

This was a new Doc....really good....have done some cleaning for him and saw how detailed he is....

Great at explaining what is going on and what needs to be done....

Live with it....LOL! But having cut my weight again this summer has helped.

He also prescribed a special knee brace with a dial that I will be getting to help with things.

Told me not to really take up jogging....LOL!

Some kind of couple bone spurs (common) and the knees are actually doing ok, just had way too much fun in my past....

Also, just don't kneel on that knee....or be real careful.

But good guy, no cortisone shot this time.....said to wait and if swollen, then come in because that is when a shot like that can help....

Also some other shot that can help lube up the joint if needed in the future.

So, keep living..... what is going to happen is going to happen, but put off get any kind of replacement for a very long time.

He says Biking is great...Keep seat set so very full extension on the peddles......so I am going to have to get that bike back out in the future!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Same thing my doctor told me. It sucks at 28 to have knee problems. In high school I tore my MCL and ACL in my left knee playing hockey. Re-tore the ACL after high school and ever since running is a pain as my knee doesn't like the impact. So I bought a bike and started hitting this trail that is local to me.

http://www.ohiobikeways.net/slippery.htm

I started out just riding from Bowling Green(BG) where I live to Rudolph and back. On most of the trail there is nothing but corn, wheat, and bean fields on both sides of you. There is the occasional crossroad where you have to stop and look for traffic. From end to end it's almost 14 miles one way and nice little round trip.

I can relate to not kneeling, when it gets cold my left knee doesn't always want to allow me to come back up. Stretching and resistance band workouts help a lot to keep everything moving.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Same thing my doctor told me. It sucks at 28 to have knee problems. In high school I tore my MCL and ACL in my left knee playing hockey. Re-tore the ACL after high school and ever since running is a pain as my knee doesn't like the impact. So I bought a bike and started hitting this trail that is local to me.

http://www.ohiobikeways.net/slippery.htm

I started out just riding from Bowling Green(BG) where I live to Rudolph and back. On most of the trail there is nothing but corn, wheat, and bean fields on both sides of you. There is the occasional crossroad where you have to stop and look for traffic. From end to end it's almost 14 miles one way and nice little round trip.

I can relate to not kneeling, when it gets cold my left knee doesn't always want to allow me to come back up. Stretching and resistance band workouts help a lot to keep everything moving.
My back yard.....

http://nsmba.ca/sites/default/files/PDFs/MapOfFromme.pdf

hogjowl

Idiot™
I haven't had an ACL in my left knee since 1975. They couldn't repair them back then. I ran 10 K's, half marathons and middle distance triathlons for years through my 20's and 30's with no problems. In my late 30's the pounding started giving me problems so I quit running. Then I quit biking. Then I started taking naps. Now I'm old.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Have fun on the ride. When I lived in San Berdoo, I only rode my motorcycle up the 395 to mammoth once. It was a fun ride. I love all of the small towns along the way.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Have fun..sounds like it on a bike

what really has me stumped ... i can't understand "hikers" that would want to hike on a salt flat.
Miles and miles of flat nothing in 125+ heat

certainly don't want to make light of a tragic death..but WTF??..what would compel one to trek a barren salt flat for fun??:eekk:

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
agree...keep on living

I know fully well that I'm going to drop my 300 pound dirt bike on my jacked up foot this weekend..lol

Just saw on Facebook the odds of you doing this (or worse) with the mud conditions I saw

and I thought my backwoods ride with the van today was interesting....not even close!

Back
Top Bottom