Good Rotary

Darin

In the market for a new rotary for prescrubbing. Is a 13" heavy enough or just stick with a 17"? What brands does everyone like? Anybody use Powr-Flite? Thanks

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We took the weight out of our 20 advance to make it easier to carry around. Anybody try this? I don't think that you need the pressure for cleaning carpet. I would guess it cut the total weight by 35-45 pounds!

Tony

ron markam

I like Advance primarily because you can raise and lower the handle without bending over. Jimmy has a two-speed tennant that has the same feature. I do not like bending over to raise and lower the handle. Plus Advance rotaries are built like a tank and last forever.

Greenie

it's a pounds per sq. inch thing for scrubbing power, so a smaller diameter ie: 15" with a 1.5hp motor can very well be a good choice in residential. All the 13" I've seen are fairly light, but if you can find an oldie it might have good ratios and serve quite well.

My thoughts on scrubbers in general is; the one to use is the one you are actually likely to use, so the 120lb monster may not be a reality for you.

Don't under estimate the GLS or Host type counter rotating brush machines, and they are lighter.

The Preacher

don't get a 2 speed, carpet scrubbing seems to cause the rectifiers to go bad and it's not a cheep fix!!!

Darin

Does a GLS machine like the Spring Scrubber from Excellent Supply dig deep enough for trashed carpets? Is it as aggressive or comparable to a rotary? I have never used a GLS or Host machine so I have nothing to compare to.

Thanks for the info

Fon Johnson

I would not go less than 17" or 20". Anything less than a 17" is a toy. A small machine is great for those small areas, but if you intend to really USE it, you need bigger. Ron is right on about Advance. Ask any chemdry guy about the matador. I have one that is 17 years old, and still going strong.

G

Greenie and Ron have always talked up the Advance model.
Didnt they quit making them some time ago? only to be available now as used units.. and hard to find I'm assuming?

G

They still make them. I bought a NEW one about a year ago.

Check with your local Hillyard Store.

Chad

The Preacher

Advance has bought several companies the past few years. Clarke is now owned by Advance.

if you buy a good rotary (read spend a few $$$) you won't need to replace it for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom