Good starting truck mount

dilly

Out in AZ looking to go out on my own. Want a new or very new truck mount. What are some of the best brands for your money? I love this site!! Thanks

Bob Foster

Are you mechanically inclined? Then if not be careful. I'm assuming you want to keep your costs down and maybe get a used truckmount. There are lots of good deals on higher quality used units due to the economy being soft.

Your question is really general so it implies you need to dig a little further into how you want to get into this business. It looks easy to get into and it can be but it is even easier to blow yourself out of this business because it is not as easy as it looks and takes a lot of hard work to get customers and be profitable.

Your business goals will dictate the type and cost of equipment. Just click on all the banners on the top of the board and they will lead you to better equipment.

The best piece of advice I can give you is go one town over from where you intend on doing business and befriend a carpet cleaner who is willing to let you work for nothing with him personally for a week. Try and pick a guy who has been in business for at least 6 or 7 years who is a smaller company.

If you keep posting and asking questions you might even find that person who is willing to help you right here.

dilly

looking to stay under $14,000 for my unit. Would like to buy new...be able to pull up to 350 feet of hose. Thanks for the advice...going into it slow and knowing there is a lot I need to learn. Im working for a larger company and belive I know how to clean ...just need dependable unit.

Thanks again

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
You said you think you know how to clean. Well I am happy for you because that is just enough to get you into trouble. Do you have the business and marketing savvy to run a carpet cleaning business? Try to get a lot of that kind of knowledge before you go out on your own. You'll be a lot better off with that than you would knowing every cleaning trick in the world.

Now about your TM If you're trying to stay under 14K you are going to need to go used. Especially if you want a machine that can pull 350 of hose. The beauty of your situation is that in that price range you can get a machine in the 500 to a thousand hour range that has all the bugs worked out. Good luck and make sure they will let you run it for a house or two before you buy it. Speaking of the used machines that is.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Keep looking for that nearly new, I bought a very nearly new Chevy Van with a 421 Boxxer and all the goodies last winter for 17k. They're out there more than ever. Use crazedlist.org to search multiple craigslists at once...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom