Good video training course.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Is there such thing as a *good* carpet cleaning video course? I realize that there isn't a real substitute for hands-on, classroom training, but until I can arrange my schedule to attend and actual class, I'd at least like to learn as much as I can. Suggestions?

Ernie G

Brant, find a good quality cleaner in your area and ask him if you can work for free, in exchange for learning the trade.

Name
I'm Rick James
FloorPizza said:
Is there such thing as a *good* carpet cleaning video course? I realize that there isn't a real substitute for hands-on, classroom training, but until I can arrange my schedule to attend and actual class, I'd at least like to learn as much as I can. Suggestions?

Have you never cleaned carpets before? If not you may want to go work somewhere before you spend money on opening a business. It might not be your cup of tea. Your chance of failing is much higher if you have no idea what your doing or what needs to be done.

aqualux

I agree with FloorPizza, You should get at least 1-2 years of experience... try and work for a big name company (so you can still get paid for working)...

I know some people that have been in the business for years and some have failed.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
George Grivalda (spelling) makes a good set of DVD's for training. But you do need to know what you are doing to use a lot of the tips he gives on these. But anyway, go check out www.carpetcleaning************.com ( i think that's the site) and look around.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Thanks for the suggestions, gents. I'll check out that video course. I'm also planning on attending real classroom classes that John of Superior Cleaning Solutions has, as I can get them to fit in the schedule. There's a guy down the street that has an SS franchise. Wonder if it would be worth working for him for free.. something to think about. I'm an airline pilot full time, so the biz would be part time for me, full time for the wife (and possibly my nephew(s)). I've done a few jobs so far, but all for free, just to get some experience and try out different equipment.

Ernie G

Brandt, just make sure the person mentoring you is a good cleaner, you don,t want to learn bad habits. Your a smart guy, i sure you will make the right choice.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Brent said:
FloorPizza said:

Have you never cleaned carpets before? If not you may want to go work somewhere before you spend money on opening a business. It might not be your cup of tea. Your chance of failing is much higher if you have no idea what your doing or what needs to be done.

That's exactly why I'm here, trying to learn as much as possible before comitting one penny. My last business I researched/learned for three years before I opened the doors (it was a bagel bakery if you're curious :) ) No way I'll open for business until I've learned as much as feasible. If I open by next summer, it'll be "rushing it". At 42, I've been around long enough to learn that rushing into anything in the business world is never a good idea.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Ernie G said:
Brandt, just make sure the person mentoring you is a good cleaner, you don,t want to learn bad habits. Your a smart guy, i sure you will make the right choice.
I hope so, cause I've made some darn bad ones in the past. :)

Bob Foster

bensurdi said:
George Grivalda (spelling) makes a good set of DVD's for training. But you do need to know what you are doing to use a lot of the tips he gives on these. But anyway, go check out http://www.carpetcleaning************.com ( i think that's the site) and look around.

The guys a retard and an embarrassment to our industry.

Name
Eric Valentine
Bob Foster said:
bensurdi said:
George Grivalda (spelling) makes a good set of DVD's for training. But you do need to know what you are doing to use a lot of the tips he gives on these. But anyway, go check out http://www.carpetcleaning************.com ( i think that's the site) and look around.

The guys a retard and an embarrassment to our industry.

And Prochem has him doing training seminars. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom