good way to perk up a slow week with Service Monster

Mikey P

Administrator
it's always dead this time of year around here so last night I spent an hour putting this together and with the free help of Service Monster we already booked 10 jobs from it.

Dear Linda,

Just a quick note to update you on some exciting things going on with your favorite Carpet, Upholstery and Tile cleaning Company.

First off, in true Mom and Pop fashion, we have hired our daughter Monique to run our office and handle our phones Monday through Friday. We are thrilled to have her on board and we can't wait for you to meet her!

mika.jpg

Secondly, I'm sure water concerns are on your minds these days. We wanted to let you know that with our high heat, multi-stepped carpet cleaning process, the average water use to clean a three bed room home is less than 35 gallons. Which is probably much less than expected, no?

I thought you may find this scale of California's average rain fall since 1974 interesting.

Rainfall.jpg

​As you can see, there is no "average" rain fall in California, it's a collection of extremes.

And thirdly, thanks to our loving local audience, we have won the Good Times "Best Of" award again!

We would like to extend our celebratory offer to our existing customers of 20% off for any combination of two or more services

(offer good until May 20th)

Thanks again for your loyalty over the years, hope to see you soon!

Mike, Davis, Ely, Julian and Monique!

476-9721

2014%20good%20times.jpg

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Do tell how you did this through Service Monster? It couldn't have been a snail mail card if you did it last night and booked 10 jobs today. Do tell..... Me thinks I'm missing the boat on all the aspects SM that I could be taking advantage of but I'm not.

Mikey P

Administrator
How many emails have you collected by now Meg?

We're around 2000, half of which don't want me to "spam" them..

here you go..

This is a “best practices” workflow scenario for creating a newsletter or email campaign. Many of these steps apply to the creation of other types of campaigns.

Newsletters are a great opportunity to stay in touch with your customer base and remind them of your services. You can also use them to advertise seasonal specials.

To begin creating your newsletter (or any other campaign), you’ll need to go to the
Marketing Document List.

Creating the Campaign

1. After logging in to ServiceMonster, navigate to the Marketing Tab, and then click on the Materials icon.

2. You’ll now be presented with a Marketing Document List. If you’ve created any campaigns previously, you’ll see them saved here. Click on the New Document button,which will direct you to our HTML editor. (You can use the HTML editor to create many types of marketing documents.)
download

<tbody style="width: 75.19999694824219px;">
</tbody>

<tbody style="width: 75.19999694824219px;">
</tbody>
3. Give your document a name specific to its type and function, so that it is easy to identify later.
download

The HTML editor is fairly standard and self-explanatory. It includes a few specialized features, such as the ability to insert pre-selected and custom data tags. Use these to send personalized greetings to your customers.

A typical newsletter might include such elements as:
· A coupon for your services;
· A personal account of what’s been going on with your company lately
(milestones reached, new employees hired, etc.);
· A puzzle or crossword (with a theme that matches your service type);
· Before & after cleaning photos;
· Your contact information, hours, and service area. This is essential!

download
Here is a sample newsletter:

Note how many personal touches it has. A breezy, friendly tone will help your customers to feel connected to you—and keep them from deserting you for other serviceproviders.

4. As with after you’ve finished creating any marketing document, remember to save it. Now it will be available for use and re-use with any campaign.

Targeting the Campaign

1. Return to the Marketing Tab and the Marketing Navigator. Click on the Send Emails icon.

2. The Email Campaign Wizard will appear. Leave the filter mode on Easy, and click Next.
download

3. Choose which set of customers from the list provided best fits this campaign. (There will be further filter options later). Click Next.
download

4. A list of qualified customers will appear. This list may be exported immediately, or you can choose to filter it further. Click Next.
download

download
5. The next screen will allow you to rename and describe the campaign, so that you may easily locate it at a later date. The Marketing Category field can be left on the General Marketing default setting, or you can put the campaign into a more specific category. The Marketing Group field can be left empty, or you can use it to further filter your email list. When you have finished customizing your campaign information, click Next, then Finish.

download

<tbody style="width: 368px;">
</tbody>

<tbody id="yui_3_7_2_1_1398809634790_3167" style="width: 368px;">
</tbody>
6. When Save Campaign comes up, Click Finish. You will be directed to your campaign’s Details tab. To further refine your campaign, navigate to the Filters sub-tab.
download

7. Verify that your campaign’s filters have been correctly set up. Our sample newsletter campaign, for instance, has been designed to go out to over 800 customers. Perhapswe don’t want to send the newsletter out that many customers! In that case, we would use the filters provided to target the campaign at regular customers only, paring our list down to 300 recipients.
download

Running the Campaign

Now it’s time to send your campaign out.

1. Return to the Marketing Navigator and click on the Run an Existing Campaign icon.

<tbody style="width: 10.399999618530273px;">
</tbody>
Enabling Emails: By default, the Send Email option may be grayed out. If it is, call ServiceMonster Technical Support to turn on the email feature.

<tbody style="width: 10.399999618530273px;">
</tbody>

2. The Campaign Run Wizard will pop up. Locate the correct campaign on the list provided and click it. You will be presented with several Email Campaign Run Options, including Create Export File and Send Email. Select Send Email.
download

3. Enter in your subject line.

4. Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate marketing document. Leave the Case setting on Mixed Case. Click Next.

5. You’ll be directed to the Email Campaign Test screen. This allows you to send yourself a test email prior to sending it out to the customers.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Guess what just got added to my to do list for tomorrow......

Been using SM and fill my schedule for years. Had NO IDEA you could send emails like this from SM. Thought you imported your email list from SM into constant contact or something similar.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Good job Mike, I'll bet she does great for you and the business. Nothing like family having a stake in the biz.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom