GoodYear vs Parflex

HomeSmart

new vortex with Goodyear hoses, what are vortex owners out there running, I'm hearing possible heat set fiber issues with the goodyear can occur, how many are running par-flex....is it worth the swap

Farenheit251

I run an Accellerater 2545 w/ 220,000 btu. I melted 2 or 3 vinyl floors in vacant rentals. Spots looked like scuffs but won't clean off and feel hard. Lucky these floor already were scratched so it wasn't so noticeable. Had it been a nice wood or new vinyl I think it is cheaper to just buy the parflex which doesn't transfer heat well like the steel does. Brian E

Matt King

They probably come with that for liability reasons. I was told by a Goodyear hose dealer that the Neptune hose IS NOT rated for 250 degrees. Only the outer layer is and that's how they can print that on there. The inner core is only spec'd for approx. 220. If you're running 1/4" hose I feel safer with plastic hoses myself. A nice 3/8 Goodyear would be more durable but is a pita to lug around...

Mikey P

Administrator
Keep the Eneptune but only use it outside the house from the front door in run the Parflex 1035 HT.

No black death, no sudden bursts, no snail trails and better heat retention.

Greenie

If you are seriously a heat freak and you demand a true high heat hose, that will stand up to chemistry as well as heat and pressure, you will pay $5 a foot, but it will last. But I would only run it truck to door or slightly less.

Matt, I don't doubt the dubious heat rating of Ineptune, you can market all you want, but you can't avoid physics.

Thermoplastic hose was made for carpet cleaning, steel braided rubber was not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom