Google and other problems for my business

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I moved to Reno NV Feb 2009 from Sacto CA for personal reasons...when I moved I gave another carpet cleaner (who I knew well) permission to take over the 2 phone numbers to take care of my custys...I didn't want them left hanging...now I've moved back to the Sacto area....on Google one of my old #'s is now showing but with his business and the other # has my business name...basically he's probably getting calls off my business name...do I contact google/yahoo/bing and notify them that I am BUSY BEE CARPET AND TILE CARE with a new number? Not sure how to do this...any ideas? Thanks...Bill

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Have you talked to the guy?. You did'nt sell him your client list did you?. I take it he's got control of those phone numbers?. Not sure if calling google and the others would do any good. There is however a place in google maps where you can "report a problem". You could place your business again with your phone number and report a problem on the other listing that is not yours.

Is it the (530) number you are concerned with?.

Albert

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Albert Lazo said:
Have you talked to the guy?. You did'nt sell him your client list did you?. I take it he's got control of those phone numbers?. Not sure if calling google and the others would do any good. There is however a place in google maps where you can "report a problem". You could place your business again with your phone number and report a problem on the other listing that is not yours.

Is it the (530) number you are concerned with?.

Albert
Hey Albert thanks, I'll try the report a problem part...Yeah the 530 no. is the one that I'm concerned with...I didn't sell the client list...I was hoping he'd do the right thing and take care of them the way I did...finding out lately that he pretty much picked and choosed which ones he wanted to keep...he won"t answer or return my calls...he knows i'm back... I've already taken back an apt complex acct and quite a few residentials that didn't care much for him....thanks Bill

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
What are the details of the arrangement/agreement you made with him?

Did you plan on coming back?

Maybe you can explain the situation better, but you agreed to give him the number, now it's his. I wouldn't give it back to you either unless there was a previous agreement that if you decided to return, you would get it back.
It's irrelevant how he treated your old customers.
Sounds like you had no plan on coming back, now you did, and you want your number back?
Your fooked.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
goomes said:
What are the details of the arrangement/agreement you made with him?

Did you plan on coming back?

Maybe you can explain the situation better, but you agreed to give him the number, now it's his. I wouldn't give it back to you either unless there was a previous agreement that if you decided to return, you would get it back.
It's irrelevant how he treated your old customers.
Sounds like you had no plan on coming back, now you did, and you want your number back?
Your fooked.
I gave him the numbers so they're his....I don't care about him having the numbers...but on internet searches the old numbers are getting him business, not me...especially now that I'm doing some internet marketing...I have a new number but the old one is still out there on the searches and I want to get rid of these numbers having anything to do with Busy Bee Carpet And Tile Care..just had a guy call last week asking "do you have a sister company?" then told me no one ever called him back, lucky for me, he decided to try back, but called my number from a different part of his search on the business.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My apologies, I did not read the whole post before opening my big mouf.

I am not sure that there is actually an effective way to directly contact anyone that will be able to help you.
I would think that you would have to methodically attempt to remove/correct all the individual listings and directories where there are errors, and after you are sure you got them all, re-establish them all with the correct information. It sounds like it would take a while, but I wouldn't think there is any other way to fix it other than one at a time.
The search engines are only doing what they are supposed to do. You have to correct the information that the search engines are finding, which could be in a lot of places you never even put it.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
No need to apologize Frank, I have thick skin shiteatinggrin ...I appreciate the response. Sounds like I have to really pump up the new phone number on different free websites and hope they go to the back part of the searches...I don't know...whata fookin mess!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom